Is there a big difference?

Last Updated:

1. Jayo619

Jayo619 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I installed the latest version of fresh last week and im loving it... My battery life is amazing now. I was just wondering if there is a big difference in performance between Fresh with the stock kernal & fresh with a custom...

Did i half-ass it by only installing the new rom with no kernal? what about that set cpu app that people were using with unrevocked when the evo came out... Anyone using that still with their custom roms or is it unnecessary?

Advertisement
    Tbrad likes this.
  2. exBBuser

exBBuser Well-Known Member

Why don't u give it a shot,in terms of battery life and performance custom Kernels are proven to outperform the one provided with your custom ROM IMO.

There's always the possibility of your phone not working well with some kernels. Setcpu is most have if u like to mess around with ur CPU speed,it also helps uset different profiles to preserve battery life with this said YMMV.

Just remember that before u flash anything ROM or Kernel be wise enough to make a nand backup just in case ur phone does not respond well to the new software.