1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Is there a cable for the evo that has .....Accessories

1. HTCeasar

HTCeasar Well-Known Member

hdmi on one end that goes into my phone and s video rca's on the other end ? For people with no hdmi tv.

Advertisement
  2. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

HTCeasar likes this.
  3. CriticalCritic

CriticalCritic Well-Known Member

EarlyMon likes this.
  4. Raekwon

Raekwon Well-Known Member

hehe.... less than 30-50 buck to upconvert, upwards of 300 bucks to DOWNconvert. Electronics is definitely a field where it does not pay to hang on to the old technology!
    EarlyMon likes this.
  5. drexappeal

drexappeal Well-Known Member

I don't even think it's possible to go from HDMI (Digital) to RCA (Analog), but I could be wrong. Nontheless, if you don't have a HDTV, you can get the micro-USB to RCA adaptor. It's definitely out there, if you search for it. In fact, I'm also getting an EPIC for my other phone line and I believe Samsung has a micro-USB to RCA (video) cable.
  6. LS1

LS1 Well-Known Member

Yes, and that would be extraordinarily helpful to get a miUSB cable to carry the video that comes out of the HDMI port.
  7. drexappeal

8. NicksGarage

NicksGarage Well-Known Member

My little Kodak PlaySport video camera has both HDMI and composite outputs, I don't know why it's so expensive, or why they are bulky, to get a converter to do this.
  9. Those wont work. The Evo does not have the same capabilities as those other phones.

People need to be careful these days. There's a lot of cables out there that ONLY work with ONE particular phone or video card. And if you buy these, they wont work with other products. Just because you find a micro usb to rca cable, doesnt mean it will work with your phone.

As stated above, HDMI is a purely digital signal. It cannot be converted to anything except DVI without an expensive downconverter box. They run upwards of 100 bucks. As others have suggested, its better just to invest in a new flat panel tv.
  10. drexappeal

All good. Just throwing out products that I found out there. Unless there are harmful ramifications behind trying them, just wanted people to know that cables exist out there. Of it's important for people and it won't harm their phone, then I don't really see a reason not to try. I feel like sometimes, that's the only way to know for sure.

But I will reiterate, if there's someone that can verify that trying these products would be harmful to the phone, then it's not worth the risk. I'm not an expert, so I can't really say if it would mess the phone up or not.