Is There a Call-Blocking App???

1. Isthmus

Isthmus Well-Known Member

I have someone who's calls I wish to block. No I don't want to forward him to voicemail (even though I already have). I want the phone's caller ID to recognize the caller and simply bloc the call (I don't want the phone to ring and I don't want it to accept any voicemails from this guy).

I know google voice has this feature, but I don't want to activate the single number version of GV (I'm not ready to have only one number).

I read a similar thread that was posted here some time ago, but there were no definitive answers on it:

http://androidforums.com/support/6077-caller-id-based-blocking-call-forwarding.html

I was wondering if anyone was aware of any apps that could be used to block a specific incoming number, which could be installed without having to root the phone.

I'm on a MOTO Droid. TIA

Advertisement
  2. mobil3gen

mobil3gen Well-Known Member

Extreme Call Blocker looks like a pretty solid application that does what you want it to do - it blocks calls that you set to a certain blocklist.

Its $4 but hey, it does what you want right?
  3. Hoos

Hoos Well-Known Member

I've been using aFirewall (free version, ad supported) on my Hero for several months.

Works great. Have only used it for call blocking - not SMS, so not sure. But it seems solid.

There's a paid version with no ads. Otherwise, I think the functionality is the same.
  4. spiritedcharm

spiritedcharm Active Member

CallFilter almost does what you want. It will quickly answer (before it rings) and quickly disconnect calls from specific numbers and doesn't allow them to get to voicemail. It does register as a missed call though so it would count against your calling plan.
  5. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

Check with your carrier, I believe some allow a number to be blocked, then whatever phone you have will never know there was a call.
  6. RyanB

RyanB Guest

Super - Private Conversion is what you're looking for. It's free, blocks the calls from coming in (including v.mail), and the only place the calls are logged is within the app, not in the standard call log. I've used it to block an automated telemarketer, and it runs like a champ.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  7. resident psyco

resident psyco Well-Known Member

If you have Verizon and are signed up for verizonwireless.com, you can go into your account and block numbers, up to 5 I think.
  8. nathan312

nathan312 Well-Known Member

yeah i have aFirewall because I have had a problem with people calling me on restricted...it was literally over 10 times a day! Installed that, blocked "restriced calls" and never had to deal with it since...pretty much my most favorite app ever! I paid 1.99 for the full app
  9. Saibi Rocker

Saibi Rocker New Member

Hi I need source code of that app. Can anyone tell me the link for it or can he/she provide it to me....
  10. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled VIP Member

You can write the developer and ask nicely but don't be surprised if they tell you "no".
  11. kudoboi

kudoboi Active Member

i use norton on mobile, it scans ur apps + locates ur mobile+ block sms and calls
  12. Center

Center Well-Known Member

If you have Google Voice, you can block specific numbers. I have this Time Warner telemarketer who keeps calling me from the same number. So I just added that number as "Telemarketer 1" on my Google contacts, and added a rule to block him. So next time I get a call from that number, they'll get that "beep beep beep This number has been disconnected..." message.

Google Voice, son...
  13. rafairchild2

rafairchild2 Member

Sirius keeps calling me, added them to my black list using Call Blocker... I have it pick-up and then hang-up rather than going to voice mail. I love it! Great satisfaction in having these people put in the kill file!
  14. there is a restraining order app you can get down at your local police station.

no matter what app you get to block xxx-xxx-xxxx, nothing but a restraining order will prevent him from dialing *69-xxx-xxx-xxxx, or dialing from a cheap prepaid.

the law is on your side, do the right thing.

call blocking apps are for examples like rafairchild2 describes... not stalkers
  15. hellcatt

hellcatt Well-Known Member

except for the ones that block private/blocked/unknown numbers
  16. stephenandrew

stephenandrew New Member

The new android app named Automatic call blocker. This android app allow us to block calls from from known spammers (list updates daily) automatically, block one caller, all ‘private’ numbers, whole area codes, or whitelist all your contacts and block everyone else.
  17. Tripwyre715

Tripwyre715 Member

I use Mr. Call Block. It's free. It'll pick up and hang up or you can set it to send them straight to VM. You can add numbers to the block list. I personally pick up and hang up. It'll also auto block suspected spam numbers. i.e 1-800 numbers. Be careful. I love it so far.
  18. LynnL

LynnL Member

Do you have a link? I'm not finding it on Appbrain.
  19. jybasketball

jybasketball New Member

anything besides google voice that will play the beep beep message this number is disconnected? i dont want it to go to vm or reject w message. i dont mind if it has to pick up ie answer then play the number disconnected message? oh i have the samsung epic version 2.1 fyi
  20. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

21. wolfen1086

wolfen1086 Member

I use Mr Number, its free on eth market and it works fine for both blocking callers, it will send them to voicemail if you set it to, but if you don;t it wont
  22. gilcarrick

gilcarrick New Member

I used Mr. Number for a while, but it keeps getting more intrusive. It got worse about putting popups in front of the phone controls. I have given up on it and am trying some of these others.
  23. Mekanikz

Mekanikz Active Member

You can do that using Tasker, if I'm not mistaken.