Is there a cheap alternative to Titanium Backup Pro?

Last Updated:

1. Knitewulf

Knitewulf Well-Known Member

I don't really find it worth paying the 6 dollars just so I can freeze apps. Is there any other applications I can use to freeze an app?

Advertisement
  2. DrR0Ck

DrR0Ck Member

Does anyone have any experience with Gemini App Manager (free) for freezing or with ES File Explorer as a free alternative to Root Explorer?

Thanks
  3. ballisticn8

ballisticn8 Well-Known Member

try it out, you have 15 minutes to find out if you like it or not, you dont like it, get your refund.

titanium backup was the best money ive ever spent on an app, had it since the d1, had it on my dx, thunderbolt, inc2, and now running it on my d3.
  4. HokieDroid

HokieDroid Member

+1
  5. IzelTokatl

IzelTokatl Well-Known Member

TB is almost mandatory for Root users. If your trying to save a few bucks, check out this week only its on sale in the Amazon App store. But honestly $6 is not really much at all these days.
  6. glennj

glennj Well-Known Member

You convinced me. I am not rooted yet, nor have I done the Radio Hack for hot spot tethering. I'm stock, in other words, at least until after the anxiously awaited OTA arrives and enough people have checked it out so I feel safe about installing it (not lose rootability, not screwing up things like the camera speed, etc...) I do realize I will need Titanium Backup and $6 is inexpensive, maybe not inexpensive for an Android App, but still we are talking lunch money here.

So, I looked on the Amazon App Store for it and it is not available at all there, is it ? I had just bought Root Explorer there at a substantial discount, yesterday i think, and EasyTether is still half price or so, but no Titanium Backup, with or without the Pro key.

I'll get it full price from the Google marketplace, but if you can tell me where I went wrong at the Amazon App Store, I'd appreciate that.

Glenn
  7. ballisticn8

ballisticn8 Well-Known Member

You didnt go wrong there at all, the dev has just decided not to use amazon as a place to sell from...
  8. trini.s2k

trini.s2k Well-Known Member

they took bloat freezer of the market!
  9. trini.s2k

anyone know of any other alternatives other then tb
  10. redsox985

redsox985 Well-Known Member

If Bloat Freezer was free, there have to be apk's all over the internet. Just direct download to your phone and install it.
  11. trini.s2k

it wasnt i paid for it, i tried 4 share, but wen i dl it , it sayes it needs a update, and the market doesnt have it to update.