Is there a compatible battery?Tips

1. londonamour

londonamour Member

I dropped my phone at work tonight and we have hard concrete floors covered with standard tiling found in most grocery stores. When it dropped, the back came off and the battery came out of the phone. I picked it up, everything looked okay, and I put the battery back in and turned it on. After I got in the car to go home, I plugged my phone up to charge, like I always do, but unlike normal, I got a message that said something to the effect of it couldn't charge because the battery wasn't compatible. I have an app on my phone that tells me what the health of my battery is. Recently, it's been saying "good" but tonight it said "dead." I took the battery out several times and even did that old trick those of us who played Nintendos did as kids...I blew on it just to make sure it was clean. ;) Once I got home, I swapped batteries with a roommate who has a Samsung with the same size battery as mine. My battery wouldn't charge in his phone, but his battery (in my phone) said its health was "good" so I knew it was something with my battery, not my phone. I swapped batteries again and put my battery back in my phone and decided I was just gonna leave it on the charger and pray it magically decided to charge itself. A few minutes later, I noticed it WAS charging and it stopped giving me that message.

So I told you all that to ask this (long story, I know lol): Is there any way I can buy a battery that WILL be compatible with my phone? I'm looking to "upgrade" to the Motorola Defy hopefully later this month, but I definitely don't want to be stuck without a phone until I can afford that one should my phone decide it doesn't like its battery anymore. Are there any phones sold by major carriers (VZW, T-Mo, AT&T, etc.) that would have the same battery as the Precedent? That way I could just pop into that store and purchase the battery. If not, hopefully my phone will stop trying to pick a fight with its battery and be good friends until I can afford to buy the Defy.

Thanks! :)

Advertisement
    :
  2. Prepaidguy9081

Prepaidguy9081 Well-Known Member