1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Is there a compatible wireless qi charging cover anywhere for this phone?Tips

1. Modman

Modman Well-Known Member

Sph-D710BST=other similar model covers that fit or work? If I had that insight maybe I could get one that worked

Advertisement
    :
  2. AprilThe20th

AprilThe20th Well-Known Member

The S2 is not capable of this unless you can mod the phone. I'm sure there is someone who can mod this phone to allow inductive charging. Good luck in your search.
  3. Modman

Modman Well-Known Member

Wow one more thought. S3 S4 can use this. LG Revo Esteem and OG Evo.
    Why in the world didnt Samsung or a third party ever make one? Found many gotchas to wireless charging technology. S2 is newer.
  4. AprilThe20th

To me your last post didn't make any since....what threw me off was S2 is newer. S2 is an old phone.....hence the reason it doesn't have wireless charging.
  5. Modman

Modman Well-Known Member

But HTC og evo and LG revolution are older.
    Aren't they? They have wireless charging.
  6. AprilThe20th

To answer that honestly I don't know about them two phones as I'm not a huge fan of HTC or LG. Let me rephrase what I posted earlier it is possible if you know how to take the phone apart and add it yourself.
  7. Codegerm

Codegerm Well-Known Member

Our phone has been out a while. It arrived in 2011.
  8. Gendo420

Gendo420 Well-Known Member

Doesn't duracell or energizer make a battery and wireless charging mat for smartphones? I know they did several years ago when it first came out. Maybe you could modify one of those, that wouldn't be too difficult.
  9. Codegerm

It is called the Powermat. I don't believe they made a battery charging plate for our phone though.
  10. Gendo420

Gendo420 Well-Known Member

But couldn't you modify one to work? Like replacing the battery for a different phone with one for ours, as long as amps and watts are the same. Just needs someone with a little time to try. If I had the time I would consider tackling that project.
  11. Codegerm

I am not really concerned enough to spend a hundred dollars or so on the power mat plus hacking my phone's back plate to accept the components. To me it would detract from how nice the phone looks, and since I only have to charge it ever two days or so, I'm not worried about it.