Is there a easier/faster way to change keyboard types?

Last Updated:

1. snovvman

snovvman Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a way to quickly switch between qwerty and phone pad keyboards? For those who know TouchPal, it's just a swipe to switch between the keyboard types/layout. With the Hero, one must select menu and change the keyboard--several actions.

Even with Windows Mobile, it only takes two taps.

It would even be better if one can set the type of keyboard used based on application or context.

Any input?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if this would work 100%

But basically make sure all your Keyboards are selected & have permission to work {You only have to do this one}: Go to settings and navigate your way to the Keyboards , Now make sure they are all Ticked.

Now , for example go to the Messaging app -> Press the box to fill in some text {like your writing an sms} -> Now simply long press on the Box -> a pop up should appear with a number of Keyboards you can use -> Select one -> Now go back to writing your sms and the new Keyboard should be their

Hopefully the above is correct , And it is actually much shorter than it looks in writing :)

3. snovvman

snovvman Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am now waiting on my replacement Hero... Will give this a try in a few days. Thanks for the tip.