• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is there a fix? Lost gallery app forced to use Google+

perla737

Lurker
Nov 17, 2014
Hi everyone,
I'm new here so I hope this is the right way to go about this. I recently updated and got lollipop on my phone. Unfortunately it seems that the gallery stock app is gone and you have to enable google+ in order to access your pictures. I do not want to use Google+ or have it running on my phone. Is there a way around this or a way to get the stock app back? Went on the playstore and the alternative is ads ads ads. Thank you all in advance!

Hi everyone,
I'm new here so I hope this is the right way to go about this. I recently updated and got lollipop on my phone. Unfortunately it seems that the gallery stock app is gone and you have to enable google+ in order to access your pictures. I do not want to use Google+ or have it running on my phone. Is there a way around this or a way to get the stock app back? Went on the playstore and the alternative is ads ads ads. Thank you all in advance!

There are many other gallery apps in the Play Store to choose from. I particularly like QuickPic myself, but there are lots to choose from.

Reactions: Hadron
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones