• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is there a good alternative to the Facebook app, to keep feed and messages integrated?

I've read about Friendcaster, Fast for Facebook and some others but haven't tried any. FB Messenger may be a fine app, I don't know, but I'm not too keen on FB telling me I must install a second app when I only send messages on FB when I am already using FB. Otherwise, the stock Android messaging app meets all my needs (I even tried Google Hangouts but didn't like it as much as the stock app). Any input is appreciated! - kwhopson

the separate apps do seem redundant and needless, so i fail to see just why Facebook is forcing it.

That being said, the only alternative i know of other than pulling the site up in a browser, is by using Friendcaster. but Friendcaster is chock full of bugs, specifically image display bugs, as many images friends post to the feed show up as large 'question marks' instead of an image.

Reactions: kwhopson
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones