1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Is there a good app for tracking weather on my own?

Last Updated:

1. mikey1969

mikey1969 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,
    I'm not looking for a normal weather app, or something that gives me ski resorts, I'm looking for something that would let me enter date/time/snowfall or rain amounts as I see them. I always like to keep a running total of how much snow we get in a winter, and when I lived in Phx, I liked to track rain, so I'm looking for something that might let me track trends and compare them year to year.

Thanks all...

Advertisement
  2. thrawn86

thrawn86 Well-Known Member

3. Rokcet Scientist

Rokcet Scientist Banned

If you already have a spreadsheet on your PC or Mac that does that, then you can also use that remotely on your phone with Teamviewer...
    It's free for personal use, requires no set-up, creates a secure VPN channel, and just works! :D

But methinks a pencil and a scrap of paper are faster, cheaper, and simpler recording "apps" with which you can transcribe your weather data into your spreadsheet at home when it suits you... :cool:

4. mikey1969

Nah, that won't work, especially here. 1 mile in Salt lake can be a difference of easily 6 inches of snow, due to elevation changes, the official reading for our last storm was 10 inches, I believe, while I got about 18" at my house. Oh well, thanks for the suggestion.

5. lennyjew

lennyjew Well-Known Member

I don't think you're going to find much of anything that'll account for any square mile of any given spot in the country, let alone an android app. Most only go as far as doing it by zip code.

6. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

There are apps that will let you edit a spreadsheet on your phone. That's probably your best bet. I'm assuming you do all the measuring yourself.

7. mikey1969

Yep, that's what I'm looking for, something I measure myself. ANy recommendations, simple, a date, some totals, and there on.