Is there a good hotmail app?

1. System0

System0 Well-Known Member

I use gmail for business emails and hotmail for personal.

Gmail works great on the hero but I haven't found a similar app for hotmail. I set it up via pop (which was easy) but it downloads all my emails, even the ones which I have already read.

I don't think there is any way to set it up properly via pop, even if it did only download new emails, those emails would still be marked as unread on hotmail itself.

Anyone know of any hotmail apps out there?

Advertisement
  2. cintra

cintra Active Member

You can use the email app.. this link shows how a Swedish user did it.. the pictures should be enough for you to sort it out I think Android E-mail: Hotmail | Swedroid

mvh
  3. System0

thanks cintra. Though that doesn't work exactly the way I want it, I'm pretty much looking for a hotmail app which works the same as the gmail one.
  4. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Have you considered wrapping up your Hotmail with your Google Account so it all gets delivered into one handy package {Your Gmail}

You can set this up using a useful tool called Google Fetch

So your Hotmail gets delivered to your Gmail and that sends a instant notification to your phone aswell. Also , When you reply to a email that was "Fetched" from your Hotmail it will show it as from your Hotmail account instead of your Gmail. Very Handy ;)

Carl C :D
  5. System0

thanks for the tip. Though I want to keep it separate from my business emails so I can monitor how much work I have in the week etc.
  6. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Thats easy then :)

You can Label them , So when they come from your Hotmail they can be added into a new Label folder , For example in your case. Work

So basically as soon as they are delivered to your Gmail it will go straight to the Work Folder.

Carl C :D
  7. System0

that's one option. Might try that out. Thanks :)
  8. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Your Welcome! :D