Is there a good WinMo to Android thread?

Last Updated:

1. richtj99

richtj99 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I am really psyched about going from a Treo Pro to an Evo. I realize this is probably asked alot, but after a number of searches, I still cant find what I am looking for. Is there a commonly reffered thread that is for people coming from WM to Android? I have a ton of questions about substitute programs & am not sure where to ask.

Really cant wait for the Evo!!

Thansk,
    Rich

Advertisement
  2. SkunkApe

SkunkApe Well-Known Member

i thought i saw a thread, but if you cant find it...you could always just ask in this thread lol. There are plenty of people that came from winmo to android, including myself. I have had winmo for years...since the ppc 6700....i made the switch a few months back and went to the hero.

best choice i ever made. what things are you looking for?

3. stroths

stroths Well-Known Member

The best thing I can tell you is to stick with it for at least a week once you switch. I started out with a Palm 600 and used several other PalmOS phones before moving to my first Windows Mobile phone (Treo 700wx). I seriously contemplated moving back to my PalmOS phone because it was so much easier (or so I thought). I hated that 700wx for the first few days, but within a week, I got pretty good at it and loved it. I have a feeling the transition to Android won’t be such a shock, but I will be irritated with it some I suspect until I get familiar with it.

There is an Android Apps section you may look at if you are trying to find an Android counterpart to your Windows Mobile apps.

4. travisr528

travisr528 Well-Known Member

I would recommend the android thread at ppcgeeks, almost everyone there is coming from winmo to android.