1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

is there a google clock from a stock phone that can be installed?

Last Updated:

1. beezy

beezy Active Member This Topic's Starter

Ive read that the voice commands have been updated to do stuff like set an alarm just by pressing the button and saying "set alarm for 30 minutes" but it doesn't seem to work on the evo cause the clock app was replaced by the one HTC added. When I tried to use it and it didn't work the app told me to instal the newest version of the clock app but there doesn't seem to be one in the market. Does anyone know of a place to get the clock app that works with the voice commands?

Advertisement
  2. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

if you go to the website after that pop up shows, there is a statement that says the clock is being updated and would be available shortly.

3. beezy

Yeah I've seen that, I was just wondering if maybe there was an apk file that's been pulled from another phone like the nexus one that would work on the evo till they update that one. I know that alot of the other stock pieces have been pulled so you can just load it from the SD card.

4. ramcharger1979

ramcharger1979 Well-Known Member

5. beezy

That's exactly the kind of info I was looking for. Thank you sir. Lol. The app works flawlessly and adds one more reason to love this phone and the community that backs it.

6. ramcharger1979

ramcharger1979 Well-Known Member

Glad I could help. That clock works perfect. I have been using it for a week now.