Is there a "kickstand" mode?Support

Last Updated:

1. crawdad689

crawdad689 Member This Topic's Starter

Apologies if this has been covered extensively, but I searched and didn't find anything :cool:

How can I make it so that my UI is oriented in landscape mode when I have the kickstand out? I looked in "Scenes" and there seems to be nothing.

Anyone got a fix? Or is the kickstand pretty much only useful when you're watching video or using the landscape desktop clock?

EDIT: While i've got your attention, is there a way to set "power setting themes" so that when my phone is charging, all radios are on, the screen doesn't turn off unless I turn it off manually, and my normal bevy of go-to apps launch? And then when I unplug it, it will automatically go into a more conservative battery mode where certain apps are killed, only 3G is turned on, and the screen turns off after 2 minutes?

Thanks a lot, guys.

-Matt

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

The kickstand doesnt have any kind of connection or switch for the phone to recognize it's out. Also, the Sense UI does NOT go into landscape mode. Most apps will, but the UI wont. Rumor has it, when froyo is released, HTC will try to make that possible.

As far as your second question, there are some apps that will do that. Locale is one that i can think of, but it's not free.

3. ejchis

ejchis Well-Known Member

I find I have my phone on the kickstand most of the time. It's typically propped up on my desk or on my bedside table. So I wanted to be in landscape more often. I have switched to launcherpro, and I am in the process of finding good replacements apps for anything that won't go landscape. Actually, I think I might be there after adding Jorte as a replacement calendar app this morning.

EDIT: To clarify, launcherpro operates in landscape mode. I don't know if I had made that clear enough previously.

4. crawdad689

crawdad689 Member This Topic's Starter

thanks, guys. Good info!

5. NeoEVO

NeoEVO Well-Known Member

I use the kickstand primarily to help hold the EVO in my left hand while in landscape position. With the kickstand sticking out between my index and middle finger - it's a bit easier to hold and support that big-assed heavy EVO.

:rolleyes: