1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Is there a list of what LED colors mean what?General

1. TambourineMan

TambourineMan Well-Known Member

Is there a list of what LED colors mean what? I have a brand new S3. Eventually I will learn what LED colors mean what, but I am the type of person that reads the effing manual. The manual does not say. In fact they might as well not even include a manual as it is basically useless.

Is there an online resource? The problem is that in most cases you can's search on a three letter word. Now, four letter words, those are OK. Don't even think about a two letter one.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Well-Known Member

Red= charging
    Green= Charged
    Blue= Missed call, message, email etc
    Low battery might be a different colour but I've never turned that feature on as I don't really want to be powering an led when my battery's low.
  3. Mudarat

Mudarat New Member

Low battery is "White" colour.
  4. NYYFan

NYYFan Well-Known Member

I also noticed when I have a FB notification it's red, which is really annoying.
  5. Mudrat

Mudrat Member

Well sms, email, FB, & calendar notifications use red, maybe in a future OS update this will change.
  6. chillibean

chillibean Well-Known Member

You can get apps to change the colors if that helps
  7. TambourineMan

TambourineMan Well-Known Member

Mine is charging now and there is no red led (no lit led at all).

I have seen two leds lit at the same time: blue and red which kinda produces a purple.

I think I get a blinking blue for new notifications.

But I also have seen a blinking blue.

I guess it really doesn't matter but inquiry minds like to know.
  8. StuDaddy

StuDaddy Active Member

It stays on after I turn off the screen.
    TambourineMan likes this.
  9. Mudrat

Mudrat Member

TambourineMan likes this.
  10. darkestred

darkestred Well-Known Member

Sometimes i get blue blinking for emails...sometimes i dont...i get white and sometimes white blinking for emails and sms. Sometimes my sms is purple. Red charging. Green done.
  11. psybab

psybab Well-Known Member

You can change a lot of them. Right now, I have:
    Red - charging and facebook notifications
    Green - charged and calendar notifications
    Blinking Blue - Gmail
    Purple - GoSMS
    Aqua - Gtasks
  12. lexluthor

lexluthor Well-Known Member

It should be noted which carrier you are on as some carrier versions (Verizon and I think some of the other US Carriers) have custom notification color mapping that is broken (the color you choose doesn't show up).
  13. ruskin

ruskin New Member

Not sure what the funny colors represent, but if you aren't getting an LED light when charging (and you don't have any LED notification apps installed), can you check "Settings" -> "LED indicator" and make sure "Charging" is checked...
  14. streetkilln

streetkilln Well-Known Member

if you have an third party app like go sms or w/e with custom led notification and your using a us version of the phone. sometimes the led is the wrong color u set it at. unless they updated the app.

Blue: Red
    Green: Purple
    Purple: Yellow
    Red: Yellow
    Turquoise: Purple
    Yellow: Turquoise
  15. ebenstes

ebenstes Member

Do you have to use a special app to make these changes, or are they available within stock JB?
  16. Ron H

Ron H Well-Known Member

17. saminbama

saminbama Active Member

No that can't be right. Mine is fast blinking green at 54% charged. What does that one mean?
  18. TadeoNYC

TadeoNYC Well-Known Member

19. czechplastik

czechplastik Well-Known Member

Dowload LED lightflow. Then you can make notifications whatever colour you like!
  20. TadeoNYC

Have you used it? If so, please share how you set it up so that it worked without consuming a ton of battery. I tried using it again and it added about 4%/hr more battery drain if not more. I went to the website of the developer and it seems the s3 is a nightmare to set up. They recommend setting the led notification for always on. I'm not sure if you can still have the notifications alternate doing that.

I have it disabled right now and it seems my whole led system is screwy now. It doesn't even light up while charging.
  21. lexluthor

Have you tried light flow since the jb update? Samsung fixed all the notification light bugs. You turn off root mode now on light flow and use it regularly. Doesn't use much battery at all for me. Even blinking doesn't use battery since it uses a standard os call now.
  22. TadeoNYC

This is from just this week with jelly bean on my Verizon s3. Almost 15000 wakelocks in under 12 hours?

Attached Files:

23. cloudsup

cloudsup Member

I get blue for texts and Facebook and green for Gmail. That's it. I had red for charging/low battery but turned that off. I've never seen white or yellow but I wouldn't mind being able to change the blue to one of those. My case is blue and when I have it sitting where I can see it out of the corner of my eye, I always think I have a new text. Agh!
  24. lexluthor

You disable root mode?