Is there a message indicator / blinking light?Support

Last Updated:

1. kbayer

kbayer Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Been considering making the big switch from Droid to Streak, but I read a few reviews for this mega-screen phone and saw that you can not tell if you missed a message without turning on the phone and checking for missed calls or text... is that true?
    Also, many complaints that the screen resolution isn't all that great, even for HD youtube videos.
    Your opinions?

Advertisement
  2. aconrad86

aconrad86 Well-Known Member

I have sms notifier and that vibrates the phone and turns the screen on but there isnt a light that comes up, even at 1.6 thats really one of the few complaintes on the streak i have. the notification bar displays that you have missed a call, gotten a messege and everything also

3. fatdragonincp

fatdragonincp Member

How can I forward an incoming message to other person? I am using 2.1. Many thanks.

4. nb_mitch

nb_mitch Well-Known Member

Not all Android devices have an LED indicator, something I will miss from a Blackberry background. My X10 had it through, I used an App called Mail Alert to set the sound and vibrate the device, hope it works on the Streak when I get it :)

5. stevenlong

stevenlong Well-Known Member

I'm using Handcent for SMS and you simply long press on the message and there is an option to forward.

6. bigtoysrock

bigtoysrock Well-Known Member

I have had iphone 4 and the captivate, now the streak. I thought the size of the screen would hurt quality, but it has not to me. Its pretty damn good if you ask me. My wife has a iphone 3gs and it hurts to look at it, I go cross eyed.

BTW, I have had a iphone 4 and captivate as I said before. The streak is so much better! The 4 has no turn by turn, blah, plain and not customisable enough even jailbroken. The captivate has broken gps and NO froyo! Dont have a complaint about the streak (yet anyways).