1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

is there a mobile to desktop video chat?

Last Updated:

1. jamesmckeephx

jamesmckeephx Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

just wondering? i tried one i forget what it was called but could never get it to work. any ideas? or is there one coming soon for the Evo. i wish sprint had skype

Advertisement
  2. t0ast3d

t0ast3d Well-Known Member

Not currently. I believe.

3. archercc

archercc Well-Known Member

Currently no, not a real 2-way chat. Fring had a Skype port but Skype shut them down and Skype did an exclusive with Verizon, which is hilarious since Verizon doesnt seem to believe in phones with front mounted cameras.

Im really hoping that Google takes this on themselves as yet another way to compete with Skype (since they brought out the new voice service, HD chat, etc). It only makes sense to actually make the gchat on the phone worthwhile by adding the video feature.

4. baldandtopless

baldandtopless Active Member

Yes its called imovicha. Works good. I use it all the time. Not many know about it but I've been using it for 3 months without a hitch.

You need to make sure you download imovicha for evo... The original app doesn't support the front facing camera.

5. dakidobf

dakidobf Well-Known Member

I couldn't get Movicha to work. It always says the people on my buddy list are offline when they're not.

6. takirb

takirb Well-Known Member

i use Movicha4Evo now. It works just as good/bad as Fring did for me. Poor/pixelated capture and random audio loops. When it works good it's awesome, when it's bad it's really bad. But Fring w/Skype was exactly the same for me...

7. jamesmckeephx

jamesmckeephx Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

yea i couldnt even get imovicha to work. couldnt even log on. and tons of bad reviews