• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is there a Music app that does this?

Piemonkey

Lurker
Mar 31, 2011
Hi, I got my phone last week and have been loving it so far. I've tried out a few of the most popular media players but kept returning to the default HTC one because I like its UI the best. However, I do have a few annoyance. For one, it doesn't really signal me if I receive a text via audio, like a little blip or beep that plays over the music, and it doesn't really allow me to reassign the volume keys to other functions like Next or Previous track. Is there a music player out there with these functions or is there a way to get the HTC Music app to do those things?

Hi, I got my phone last week and have been loving it so far. I've tried out a few of the most popular media players but kept returning to the default HTC one because I like its UI the best. However, I do have a few annoyance. For one, it doesn't really signal me if I receive a text via audio, like a little blip or beep that plays over the music, and it doesn't really allow me to reassign the volume keys to other functions like Next or Previous track. Is there a music player out there with these functions or is there a way to get the HTC Music app to do those things?

Get power amp. It does all of that. It will also pause when another app sends audio or uses your mic(such as an SMS notification or you doing a voice search). This is an option in your settings called under advanced tweaks called "Short Audio Focus Change".

Reactions: Piemonkey
Upvote 0
actually that may not be an option, i thought it was but I've tried so many players I may have gotten mixed up. I'm not seeing it either :p I still think this players is the best out there, even without that. But if thats a deal-breaker, you can try Power Amp or maybe WinAmp I am certain one of those 2 must have had it since I've not used another extensively.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones