Is there a particular mod for this forum?General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. rsarno

rsarno Thank Me, Im Irish! VIP Member This Topic's Starter

I know this is the type of thread to get locked, and i considered private-messaging a mod, but i did not know which one would handle the incredible forum directly.

My question is, can we have a "Froyo Feedback" thread?

We have 2 longgggggg threads discussing everything from anticipation, weather when they received it, favorite sports teams, color of shoelaces, etc.

I am very interested in peoples feedback on the update, both OTA and RUU. I am sure other people are as well.

I have read scattered posts about lagginess, and a few other issues, i cannot determine if those are isolated cases or wide spread to everyone who updated.

Anyway, lock away ... but please consider my request.

And for future reference let me know who is my mod here.

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

There is no specific mod for this forum, however there are already "froyo feedback" type threads in here.

http://androidforums.com/htc-incredible/159044-i-have-recieved-2-2-froyo.html
    http://androidforums.com/htc-incred...e-2-2-froyo-ota-update-discussion-thread.html
    http://androidforums.com/htc-incredible/161336-little-things-2-2-update-addons-changes.html

So, I do not see what the issue here is? (And if your reasoning is they are too long and you don't feel like reading, then I'm sure that will go to deaf ears)

3. rsarno

rsarno Thank Me, Im Irish! VIP Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks woop. We can agree to disagree i suppose.

Im not looking to cause trouble, or waves. But i dont exactly agree with having every single froyo-related post in one thread (or 2 now)

1 person might be looking for bugs related to froyo
    1 person might be looking for install methods
    1 person might be looking for how many people in NY have received OTA
    1 person might be looking for whatever other topic regarding froyo

We shouldn't have to sift through 6000+ posts and hope to god we come across the answer within the 100 pages we are capable of actually reading lol.

Maybe we can have an "Everything Froyo" sub-forum?

But i do accept that i am the little guy here, and i know it has been suggested. So i wont make a huge deal. Ill just go back to reading "the thread" :)

Anyhow, thanks for the reply. Sorry to be the annoying guy

I accept the answer, you can delete this if you want so i dont look even more stupid to everyone reading it :(

4. zemerick

zemerick Well-Known Member

The quality and ease of access to information really comes down to the OPs of sections. A good solid OP, with continuous updates as information is added in the rest of the thread is what would really make the difference. Unfortunately my time spent here is too sporadic or I would volunteer. Instead, we get a number of people that try to just be the first person to create a specific thread so that all others get merged into theirs....and they never update the OP:(

jayefef and yojoe600 like this.
  5. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

agreed^... i am here enough but im never one to post things ive already seen a lot off :p

6. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

Not a problem.

It isn't just 1 or 2 Froyo threads. Each thread has been strategically placed so that a certain topic can be discussed. This can range from getting the OTA itself, to actually getting it, to what changes came with it, and so forth. Again, the problem with people not happy with this scheme are those that just don't feel like reading. And unfortunately, that is unacceptable, as we cannot change the entire forum to please a small group of members. Everyone has been able to utilize these specific threads in an manner that keeps this forum organized. We also have been encouraging people to use the subforums - mainly the Support and Troubleshoot - for Froyo related issues.

The main problem here is how this place is organized can't please everyone. We all know that, and theres really no solution to it. But we, as a staff, have tried to accommodate the majority of members in a manner that is reasonable, yet orderly. The current system has accomplished that - reasonable enough that we are not asking everyone to talk about Froyo in one single thread (as mentioned there are more than 5 Froyo/RUU/Froyo-root related threads in the main forum; might even be more than 5; along with 3 different subforums where you can post Froyo related tips, ask for Froyo related help, or ask about Froyo related root questions), and orderly enough to where we can handle the sheer amount of traffic that comes through here.

With that said, I will be closing this thread as I think both parties have made their argument in a nonconfrontational fashion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.