1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Is there a password protector/keeper app????

Last Updated:

1. Larry06

Larry06 Member This Topic's Starter

Just wanted to know if it was an app that you can save and protect ur passwords in, sorta like password keeper?

Advertisement
  2. Anthony1

Anthony1 Well-Known Member

Take a look at 'Password vault'

3. esmith818

esmith818 Well-Known Member

1Password from Agile just released a beta for Android. Their background is the Mac platform but they now have betas for Android and PC as well as plugins for Safari, Firefox and Chrome. When combined with Dropbox (for syncing between devices), a very nice solution for password management.

4. Super Noob

Super Noob Well-Known Member

5. CodeMonkey

CodeMonkey Well-Known Member

I went with SplashID on Mac and Nexus One with wireless syncing. Not a cheap combination overall but works well enough.

6. Larry06

Larry06 Member This Topic's Starter

ok thanks for all the suggestions

7. wrench

wrench Well-Known Member

KeePass/KeePassDroid + Dropbox

8. Melinda

Melinda Member

I'm using Callpod Keeper on my Incredible (in the Marketplace). I'm a BB convert and really missed the password keeper. I checked out at least half a dozen password keepers first. Callpod Keeper allows me to not only store logins and passwords individually, but it lets you group them in folders. My favorite feature is that I was able to copy & paste an excel list onto the backup program on my computer. I'm on a 30-day free trial for the back-up program, and after that I believe it's $29.99/year. Well worth it!

9. Sibrewer

Sibrewer Member

Hi,

I'm a fan of SplashID too. The wireless syncing is a massive bonus - quick and easy. It isn't a cheap option, but works and works well as a simple & effective password keeper. If you want something to do more than that, then other options are listed above.

I'm a fan of one app that does one thing very well. If I want something for making notes, then I'll get a seperate app to do that. But it's a very 'personal opinion' type thing.

Cheers,

10. Segfault

Segfault Well-Known Member

Hi, I just switched to Android from a Palm TX and I'm looking for the same type of program. So far I've tried Keepass and its alright, but its not quite what I'm looking for.

To me it looks like Keypass is used for storing passwords for systems that will be accessed from the phone. What I need is an app to store passwords that I use to log into systems that I access from my workstation at work or my computer at home. As far as I can tell Keypass just lets me copy the password to the clipboard when what I need is to just look at the password for a short while so I can type it on my workstation. Am I just using this wrong or do I need another program?

11. wrench

wrench Well-Known Member

Keepass and KeepassDroid both let you view the password. You can also carry the Keypass program on a usb stick.

Segfault likes this.
  12. pavirotten

pavirotten Well-Known Member

B-Folders works well, has AES 256-bit encryption and can sync to your computer.

13. Segfault

Segfault Well-Known Member

I found the option to display the password on keypass, thanks. I saw the notifications to copy the username or password to the clipboard but it didn't occur to me to hit the menu button. I guess thats what I get for being a total noob with Android.

14. kokiangel

kokiangel Well-Known Member

Yep. Been using Splash ID for years. Had it with my Palm and now with my Droid. It syncs very nicely with my desktop and I use it for passwords and credit card information and even keeping crazy things like my prescriptions on. Very versatile.