Is there a place...?

Last Updated:

1. XikkeN

XikkeN Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Aug 4, 2010
    Where I can look at all/most of the major ROMs in one thread, and see comparisons/differences between them, and also get a link to the most current version?

I have browsed here, XDA, and googled, and everything is so disorganized and confusing.

Also, is there a guide to installing themes on your EVO with a mac? Do you even need a computer? I was looking at the "show us your screen" thread, but everyone seemed to have hand-done theirs which is fine, but I have been unable to locate a guide or something for customizing ADW Launcher/Launcher Pro and using/installing icon packs.

2. wase4711

wase4711 Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2010
    well, unfortunately, you gotta read, take notes, and read some more...
    its really simple once you understand the basics; flash a rom, flash a custom kernel if you so desire, and then flash a theme over it only "need" a computer to transfer the files to your sd card to flash them, but, there are wireless solutions that let you do it via a web browser, so you dont even need a usb cable connection..
    and, I have a mac, and its no big deal to do any of this stuff on the mac..
    installing themes via adw launcher is just a matter of downloading them from the internet to your phone with app brain or market, and then going into the settings on the phone and selecting them.
    changing icons in launcher pro just involves getting them onto your sd card, and then long pressing the icon on your screen in launcher pro, and choosing which icon you want to use.
    If this sounds too difficult to you, then you need to read some more before attempting this stuff, but once you do it once or twice, you will be amazed at how easy and straightforward it really is..
  3. t0ast3d

t0ast3d Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2010