is there a pre-paid data plan for the galaxy tab 2 10.1 wifi version?General

1. Lawkev

Lawkev Well-Known Member

Is there a pre-paid data plan for the galaxy tab 2 10.1 wifi version? I am buying a refurbished one from Walmart. Wondering if I could get connected on the go.

Thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. AnciusD

AnciusD Well-Known Member

Walmart offered (3G) internet-on-the-go (Truconnect, i.e.,Sprint) last fall but I don't see it on their site anymore. Oddly, they still sell their top-off cards. You might check your local walmart to see if they carry the mifi device. Virgin Mobile and others offer similar services but a little pricier. Also, be aware that you can't use a VM device on TruConnect or vice versa.
    Internet on the Go - Connect to the World Wide Web On the Go
    Lawkev likes this.
  3. ThatTabGuy

ThatTabGuy Well-Known Member

The wifi (P5113) version does not have a 3G/4G radio. Therefore the plan is useless for that tablet.
    Lawkev likes this.
  4. Bosbouer

Bosbouer Well-Known Member

You could consider tethering with a smartphone if you travel a lot.

Yippee:D South Africa has the P5100 with WiFi and 3G:)
  5. AnciusD

AnciusD Well-Known Member

As their site states, it works with any wifi enabled device. I'm currently using it with my 7" tablet. Again, it uses Sprint's network, so check your coverage area.

Virgin Mobile doesn't seem to offer the Novatel 2200 model anymore but still has the Overdrive Pro which accesses both 3G and 4G. The original link above offers a better value and flexibility - if you can find the Novatel at your local Walmart store.
    Internet on the Go - Connect to the World Wide Web On the Go

Virgin Mobile | Overdrive Pro 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot No Contract