Is there a Swype available that...General

Last Updated:

1. Rossco_Pee

Rossco_Pee Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a swype available that allows for the double tap edit option when in portrait mode? To me, this is the only thing that could make swype better. I am currently running 1.56 that doesn't expire. I tried 1.6, but unfortunately this option is not available.

Advertisement
  2. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Rossco I'm using Swype version 1.56 (.30.7625.t100).
    When in portrait mode (I tested it using Handcent) if I double tap a word the word is highlighted, the next word I swype replaces the highlighted word. Is this what you're referring to? If so, is that not what yours is doing?

3. Rossco_Pee

Try double tapping when in landscape mode. A box should pop up with different words to choose from. This is what I would like to have in portrait.

4. MJL

MJL Well-Known Member

I have the 1.56 ver of swype and when i double tap a word in portrait it highlights it. If you want to bring up the word selection box, just tap the word without highlighting it and then press the swype key in the bottom left corner.

5. HunterJohnson

HunterJohnson Well-Known Member

this is what happens to me and it is annoying. I hate having to push the button instead of double tapping. This needs to be updated

Rossco_Pee likes this.
  6. Rossco_Pee

Yes, this is the way I am currently doing this. It would be nice (and faster) to be able to double tap and have the word bank appear.