Is there a SYM card?

Last Updated:

1. sbillard

sbillard Active Member This Topic's Starter

I had to find my serial number so I opened the back of my new Hero and removed the battery. The instructions I followed for removing the battery (from the on-line manual) showed how to remove the SYM care.

There is no SYM card visible in my phone. It is not a big deal, but I am curious if there is a SYM card hidden behind some thing.

Advertisement
  2. redman722

redman722 Active Member

Someone correct me if im wrong but not to my knowledge.

3. BigJayTX

BigJayTX Active Member

CDMA phones do not use SIM cards.

4. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Correct, the Sprint Hero is CDMA technology which does not have a SIM card.

The GSM hero, with the chin, does have a SIM card.

OP - what are you trying to do?

5. sbillard

sbillard Active Member This Topic's Starter

Nothing, just curious because the manual show the card. Also my wife has a samsung windows phone which does have a sim card. We are on the same plan on Sprint.

6. i VTAK

i VTAK Well-Known Member

If you are with Sprint, and got your phone from them, you do NOT have a SIM card. You may be refering to the SD memory card. If it's missing from your Hero someone took it or forgot to put it in there from the factory.

Or you may not be able to find it. Flip your phone over and take off the battery cover. With it facedown, look on the right side of the phone near the bottom of the battery. It should say microSD, this is a memory card, not a SIM card. Push it in with your fingernail and it should pop out.

Also, I've never heard of a Samsung Windows phone from Sprint. Does she have a Samsunge Moment? If so, it's an Android phone just like your Hero. The SIM card you're finding in her's is the same SD card you can't find on yours.

7. JB in AZ

JB in AZ VIP Member VIP Member

There are some phones that have multiple network capabilities, ie: the Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 is an international phone...that would have a sim card, and could be used in the CDMA mode on Sprint. The Sprint HTC Hero does not have a sim card, but sbillard's wife's phone may in fact have a sim card.

Edit #2 Wife's phone might be The Sprint Samsung Ace World Phone
    http://www.samsungmobileusa.com/i325/upgrade/