1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

is there a t9 style text messaging app?

Last Updated:

1. mcatdtDROID

mcatdtDROID Banned This Topic's Starter

I want a simply T9 texting app so I don't have to use both hands. I want to be able to use just one hand while in the car, instead of two hands to text.

thanks

Advertisement
  2. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

You might have better luck if you search for T9 keyboard apps. Try searching appbrain.

3. mcatdtDROID

I was looking for one that was similar to the old Moto-razr's. I don't know how to really describe it or what to read for when trying out apps. Too many to try over and over. I mean, I love the full keyboard when I'm at home, but it's tough to use with one hand

4. rcrott1

rcrott1 Well-Known Member

if you are using the droid incredible, click Settings>Language and Keyboard>Touch INPUT settings>Keyboard Types>Phone Keypad and it gives that old school T9 input to ya.

5. mcatdtDROID

D2...

6. rcrott1

K, you should still be able to access the same menu's in that phone.. settings>keyboard>touch input settings>keyboard types>phone keypad

7. mcatdtDROID

I'm looking

8. Droidordie

Droidordie New Member

I to am having the one handed dilema, I'm what you would a multi tasker and I like to keep my left hand open for tasks and such. What's a good app for this, also does anyone know a good cover that can stand up to oily substances?

9. mcatdtDROID

Are you driving and texting? Why would u have oil on your hands while driving. Are u talking like motor oil?

10. Droidordie

Droidordie New Member

No not usually unless the urge strikes me, most of the time its when I'm at home on the computer or in my study, that I usually need a hand free for multitasking, and I usually don't use motor oil for much but when I say oily substances I usually mean things like lotions and other viscous fluids, I have a very rare condition where my glands don't produce enough oil so I'm constantly drying out so I am forced to use a lot of lotions and oils

11. mcatdtDROID

oh, ok... well see, for me, I just figure it's safer to drive with at least one hand on the wheel (as opposed to a knee, or holding the phone above the 12:00 position on the wheel while precariously holding the wheel and texting with my thumbs. T9 saved me a ton of headaches as I could both safely drive and text

12. rcrott1

alright guys, enough about the texting and driving issue. bottom line, OP asked a question about getting the T9 keyboard, which he has found.

13. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

The OP asked for a T9 texting app, not a debate on texting and driving. Keep it on-topic and remember that insults are not tolerated.

rcrott1 likes this.