Is there a trick to adding a contact?Support

Last Updated:

1. dchicks

dchicks Member This Topic's Starter

My Droid is set up to sync with my GMail account and contacts. That seems to work just fine. However, I tried to add a contact directly on the Droid this morning and it simply would not take it. I tried several times, but my new contact would never show up in the list after I pressed "Done" on the edit screen.

Am I missing something? Or, am I now doomed to have to add contacts through GMail? That would suck.

Thanks,
    Dave

Advertisement
  2. knipknup

knipknup Active Member

I am able to add contacts by going to phone/contacts/menu/add contact. It worked.

3. dchicks

dchicks Member This Topic's Starter

I was able to work it out so that I could add contacts, but I had to reset my phone to get it there. I think it had something to do with having both Google and Facebook accounts syncing contact data. The second time around, I configured Facebook NOT to sync at all. Now, I can add contacts.

4. knipknup

knipknup Active Member

I have FB sync all and can add. The reboot probably fixed it. You should try again with the FB sync.

5. mkibrick

mkibrick Well-Known Member

I know that the phone will automatically match new contacts with old contact information. The phone might have been auto-syncing the new contact with a FB contact under a different name (b/c of shared email, last name, other reason?).I had a heck of a time adding new contacts through Gmail b/c I ended up deleting their contact info on my phone b/c of this feature.