• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is there a True Evo 4G successor coming soon?

Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE preview (video) -- Engadget

What do you guys think? Is it now time to upgrade our Evos? I have had my upgrade credit since last October with Sprint, but have seen no reason to upgrade. I live in Omaha, and we never got Wimax, so I never got to use 4G. It would be awesome if a majority of people in this forum upgraded at the same time so we could all move over at the same time.

Little doubt that I will have this phone in June. That is unless Samsung drops something that teleports you magically to another nirvana universe. So see you here in June.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
With the EVO 4G LTE, is the battery non-removable like the One-X?

non-removable... the body is once piece aluminum case... only the top back is plastic, can be removed, but the battery is located at the bottom.

i am sure (guessing)... like the iphone.. you can still have the battery replaced.. you have to take the phone completely apart.

Reactions: jericko
Upvote 0
"King is dead..Long live the king" (EVO 4G LTE) Be my last post on this thread as well and moving over to LTE thread. RIP EVO Wimax, been a good companion for almost 2yrs. :(

Bring on Sense 4.0, ICS, NFC, SLCD2 720p, 16g Mem Storage, improved 2.0f/s 8mp shooter, S4 Krait, full HDMI mirroring, DNLA, Burst camera mode, 1080p video capture, and 4.7in screen. "I think that's about it for the list of spec bumps"

Upvote 0
"King is dead..Long live the king" (EVO 4G LTE) Be my last post on this thread as well and moving over to LTE thread. RIP EVO Wimax, been a good companion for almost 2yrs. :(

Bring on Sense 4.0, ICS, NFC, SLCD2 720p, 16g Mem Storage, improved 2.0f/s 8mp shooter, S4 Krait, full HDMI mirroring, DNLA, Burst camera mode, 1080p video capture, and 4.7in screen. "I think that's about it for the list of spec bumps"

and the Kickstand is back.. which works on 3 sides!!!!

and the EVO1 is poisonous to all idevices!

Upvote 0
dan330 said:
the old EVO only has a 1400 battery... the Evo1 will come with 2000!!! and a better more efficient CPU... it MIGHT be a game changer.

you might want to wait to see other's real world reviews.. once it is released.

I presently use a 3500mAh Seidio extended battery, which blows away even a 2000mAh one. I often have to swap out batteries daily because of heavy use. If I'm forced to recharge an internal 2000mAh battery, thereby effectively rendering my phone unusable, this would be a royal pain in the ass, especially because I can see myself having to do it more than once per day.

Upvote 0
I presently use a 3500mAh Seidio extended battery, which blows away even a 2000mAh one. I often have to swap out batteries daily because of heavy use. If I'm forced to recharge an internal 2000mAh battery, thereby effectively rendering my phone unusable, this would be a royal pain in the ass, especially because I can see myself having to do it more than once per day.

well.. shiit man.. you really spend a lot of time on the device!

why is the phone unusable while charging??

I agree.. this device is not for you.

Upvote 0
Most people agree this phone will be as good if not better than the quad core X.

Plus the quad cores don't support LTE

The quad core One X wont support LTE but will have a LTE antena in them for a patch later.

I have also been told that the One X in the states will not ship as a quad core but as a duel core. I am not sure how reliable the source is but it would be an easy fix to the LTE issue.

Non removible battery is a non issue for me beings I already carry around a charger amd have become acustom to charging my phone when I have a chance. Its just more of what I have been doing since I got the evo.

Upvote 0
I see the new charging port is the same one that my EVO 4G uses which just quit working for me yesterday.

I am glad to see there is a newer better EVO out but I do hope they have improved the snugness of the charging port. I knew there was a problem with this and I have been very careful not to compromise mine. To no avail.

I would have liked to see a different or seperate charging port on the new design. But I do have a bunch of cables already.

Going to get xtra battery and charging dock today.

Reactions: younggreenanne
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones