Is there a very quick way of getting a photo to someone?

Last Updated:

1. Det. Philip Marlowe

Det. Philip Marlowe Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all! I hope it's okay that I signed up and immediately asked a question, instead of making other posts. But I could use some tips here, I just got a HTC Evo and I'm still new to using Android (which seems awesome so far).

I send a lot of photos via email to one particular person, up to a dozen times each day. Just this one particular person. Is there a way I can create a quick shortcut for sending a photo to them, and avoid the Share -> Gmail -> type email address -> Are you sure you want to share without text, etc, process? I know it's not much, but I do this very frequently and the time adds up.

I'd really appreciate any tips or help anyone could offer. :)

Advertisement
  2. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

Maybe try the Dropbox Android app? I've not used it, but it lets you share files with others via the internet, from your phone.

3. EmoTonyB

EmoTonyB Well-Known Member

you could pic messege them... (in a text) menue > attach

4. Det. Philip Marlowe

Thanks for both of your responses.

I tried the Dropbox app, which is fun to use, but not much faster. I have to press Dropbox, Photos, Menu, Upload, Pictures, find the pic, hit Upload... doesn't save me time or buton presses. Am I missing something? Is there an option to add Dropbox to the Share menu?

But thanks for the suggestion.

I would picture-message, but I'm sending photos to someone out of the country, and international texts aren't included in my plan.

5. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member

I was checking into using Tasker for this, and discovered a bug that prevented attaching a file to an MMS message, and the email facility doesn't (yet?) provide for attachments. I brought these issues up with the developer and he has fixed the MMS issue in the latest beta, but I only mentioned the email attachment issue a few minutes ago and don't know what will come of that.

My assumption was that you want to send the most recently taken photo. Is that correct? The more details you can give, the more I'll know it Tasker is or will be capable of doing this.

6. Det. Philip Marlowe

Well I don't intend to send every single photo. The ideal situation would be a "Share with..." shortcut that automatically shares with an email address, or with dropbox, etc... just trying to get a photo to this one particular person with the fewest possible keypresses.

7. sitlet

sitlet Banned

You can create a shortcut on the homescreen to a particular person.

8. Bnice

Bnice Guest

PicPUSH or PhotoBooth might do what your asking, not sure about the amount of keypress it takes.

9. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member

I didn't mean to send every photo (if you're talking to me). What I meant was that after taking a photo, a single tap on a home screen widget would compose an email addressed to a pre-defined email address, with the most recent photo attached.

If you're looking to send something more/other than the most recent photo, there is apparently some integration between File Magic and Tasker, that might allow you to, for example, select files, ZIP them into a single ZIP file, and attach that to an email addressed to a pre-defined email address.