Is there a way of playing music so it does not sound so bad ?Support

1. 4ubest

4ubest Well-Known Member

I just got the Connect and playing rhapsody songs it really sounds tinny and actually pretty bad. Is there a way that I can get high quality sound out of the phone, knowing it is not a stereo receiver but I cannot see paying for Rhapsody with such terrible sound ?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Mexjoker

Mexjoker I'm Not Real, Doris!

Personally I don't know the rhapsody service but whenever I have put music on my phone I download Volume+ from http://androidaudiohacks.com the developer sells the pro version on the market but you can get it for free on his website.
  3. cesarweezer

cesarweezer Active Member

i use eq from the market. I don't use rhapsody but it works very well on pandora and google music
  4. k0nane

k0nane Well-Known Member Developer

Use headphones.
  5. 4ubest

4ubest Well-Known Member

Yes that would be my choice, but I cannot afford another $100+ for a set. Well it looks like Amazon has several external speakers that may work including an Altec Lansing model. They are costing less than $30 for most of them I am looking at.
  6. markolo25

markolo25 Well-Known Member

use cheaper headphones
  7. Primed

Primed Well-Known Member

You could try flashing a version of beats audio and see if it works/helps
  8. glo1234567

glo1234567 Active Member

How??? And did u do it??? If so how is it???
  9. 4ubest

4ubest Well-Known Member

Since I dislike headphones of any kind, (sort of like wearing a tie) , I purchased a set of external speakers from Amazon and they will arrive today and I will report back how they sound. I did NOT go with the AAA powered ones but instead the rechargeable.
  10. dslaven

dslaven Active Member

I flashed the Beats audio with no big difference in volume.
  11. 4ubest

4ubest Well-Known Member

Just increasing the volume with the tinny speakers of the phone is like trying to get gold out of iron. All you get is rust. This is why a headphone or better external speakers can work but I will sure know this evening.
  12. THE W

THE W Well-Known Member

are you trying to listen to music out of the phone speaker?
  13. k0nane

4ubest likes this.
  14. 4ubest

4ubest Well-Known Member

yes indeed I was as I was not aware of an option and I do not like big headphones.
  15. 4ubest

4ubest Well-Known Member

Thank you. I like the little portable rechargable ones I just got from A but I was one that had McIntosh stereo equipment so I guess you can imagine I am looking for something more and the specs on the Koss above look quite nice.
  16. k0nane

So you bought into that scam? ;) I don't recommend audiophool junk, only things that real, frugal audiophiles (like myself) would approve of.
  17. 4ubest

4ubest Well-Known Member

Well actually we are talking 1978 and in those days, it was about the best that could be had and yet when NAD a couple years later came out, I was able to sell my 4100 for basically what I paid for it and I had far better sound from the NAD and DCM Time Windows than the Mc and Bose Series IV.
  18. chknhwk

chknhwk Well-Known Member

I'd put my $36 Sony headphones up against any of the other big fancy headphones any day. I'll find out which ones exactly and post a link later today.
  19. kiroshi23

kiroshi23 Well-Known Member

20. chknhwk

chknhwk Well-Known Member

I can't find my model online now, I'll have to see if I can find the original packaging...
  21. LouCash

LouCash Active Member