is there a way to adjust screen sensitivity on hero?Support

1. ukcatsfan

ukcatsfan Active Member

does anyone know if it is possible to adjust screen sensitivity on my hero. i have looked and looked and have found nothing. sorry if its been posted before

Advertisement
  2. ReverendTurk

ReverendTurk Member

not that I am aware of. You can use the calibration tool though. settings>Locale and Text>Touch Input>text input>

I noticed my space bar is harder to hit than other keys
  3. rank

rank Active Member

i've tried searching for this too but no luck. :( thats one thing i like about my itouch, it takes my presses from far better taps and angles than my hero.
  4. gr8cut

gr8cut Member

Help! I downloaded the SilenceModeTimer application to my Sprint HTC Hero phone and it changed my screen sensitivity to SUPER sensitive. I can't swipe any more. Any time I try to swipe the screen it instantly selects the icon where my finger first hit the screen. And... typing is simply impossible. When I touch a character on the keyboard, it repeats the character a dozen or more times. The touch delay has been reduced to practically zero.

I've removed the culprit application and it didn't seem to help so I updated the profile and that didn't help either. I powered down the phone and restarted it... all of this without any change to the now super, super sensitive tactile screen.

My phone is set to use the pattern unlock and it's practically impossible to get it to accept my pattern swipe. It locks me out after 30 or so bad tries in my attempt to input the pattern. I have to wait for the time-out period and try again, which is very, very annoying.

I know previous replies to this thread have stated there is no way to adjust the tactile screen sensitivity, but I find that hard to believe in that the application I downloaded changed something on my phone and I need to change it back to "normal".

==additional status information==

To make matters worse, now that an hour or so has passed since this touch screen problem first occurred, things have changed for the worse. Now my screen DOES NOT RESPOND TO ANY touch input. I can't swipe, I can't select, I can't do anything with the screen. The only way I am able navigate is by using the track ball, the buttons, and the menu selections.

Only thing is, while navigating with the track ball, I accidentally started a phone call to a contact from my history list, so I hit the power button as the quickest way to cancel the mistaken call. This of course shut the phone down. Since phone is set to use the pattern unlock and the screen won't accept any touch input, my phone is practically useless because I can't unlock it!

Any expert users or HTC Hero support folks out there? Your help and input would be certainly be appreciated here.

==add still more additional status information==

Not satisfied with the uselessness of my phone in the dead screen state, I tried one more thing... I removed the battery, I waited a minute, then replaced it. The phone booted up in the usual manner. The only difference is, the touch screen is now working properly. Go figure!

I can only assume that the OS is smart enough to restore itself to a previous configuration.

Anyway, thanks for listening. Anyone got a few ideas on what has happened here behind the scenes that caused these events to occur?
  5. billystric

billystric New Member

Had the same problem and was fixed the same way. Just took the battery out for a few minutes than after boot, it was back to normal. My screen was sooo sensitive - you could just hover over the screen and it would move. lol Glad this site is here. :)
  6. JB in AZ

JB in AZ VIP Member VIP Member

Welcome to the Forum! We are glad that YOU are here! :) Thank you for reporting this strange behavior and fix, as well. What caused this behavior to start on your Hero? Did you also download the SilenceModeTimer app?