• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root is there a way to back up my current running ROM

my moment is running beautifully and without any problems. and i would like to keep it that way.
is it possible to "clone" my ROM or running configuration of the phone. so if for instance i root the phone and install a custom ROM and it starts acting up, i can then write to the phone my previous ROM with all my settings, apps and other volatile information on the phone restored

the reason i say this is i just got this phone replaced by sprint and it is 100% more stable and faster then my original moment. i want to load Noobls radioactive FROYO for wifi tethering and such but have had problems with it slowly becoming unstable in the past.

also to note when i use easytether on my new moment it is probably 3 to 4 times faster on the sprint network then my old moment. I simply really want to keep it this way.... unfortunately i fear that means no rooting or custom roms....

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones