Is there a way to block incoming calls while having an active data connection

1. I am trying to find a way to block incoming calls while I am on the internet. It seems like right when I am about to finally get to what I am looking for someone calls just to say what's up. Is there an app or setting that will send those calls straight to voicemail?

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Advertisement
  2. brykins

brykins Well-Known Member

What network are you on? If it's 3G/HSDPA then your data connection and voice connection should happily co-exist. However if you're in a 2G signal area then it's a bit different. Data and voice can't happen at the same time on 2G but the network *ought* to cut the data connection when a voice call comes in (as voice is generally considered to me more important). It's how it ought to work.

Now, if someone can tell T-Mobile UK that and get them to sort their network so that it works that way, I'll be a lot happier. As it is right now, if I'm on 2G, I miss calls if my phone is using data. Not good.
  3. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

There are apps that you can use to block all calls (or specific ones). If you put Block Calls into the market there are lots of results, but I don't have any experience with them, sorry.
  4. I am on a 3G network. It's not that I care that the internet stops is that the browser closes and the phone comes up. Then I hit ignore and they call back its just annoying.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk