Is there a way to change the call screen?!

Last Updated:

1. dowtie

dowtie Active Member This Topic's Starter

I am going crazy here... I've had this thing since it launched and everything is great except I keep hitting buttons with my face during calls! I mute, sometimes end calls, start 3 way calls etc and I have no idea how to prevent it. Is there any way I can make the screen lock during phone calls or change the call screen altogether?

Advertisement
  2. XtremeAaron

XtremeAaron Well-Known Member

I have never had this issue, check your settings, the sensor on the top left of the phone always detects my face and shuts off the screen.

3. dougwilson2000

dougwilson2000 Well-Known Member

Is your light/prox sensor working? The phone should go black when next to your face during a call. The sensor is located at the TOP LEFT SIDE of your ear piece.

4. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Your DROID's screen should be completely dead while you're on a call. If it doesn't work that way, take it back.

5. Bramsy

Bramsy Well-Known Member

yeah, what joe said

6. tats_06

tats_06 Well-Known Member

My phone did same. I talked to Motorola support and they told me it was a hardware issue. I did *228 option 1 then 2 and have not had it since. :)

7. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

There is an app for the HTC phones on the marketplace that fixes this. Proximity sensor - I believe is the actual app name.
    Check it out as a temp fix.
    No idea if it will be compatible.

8. Pinnacle

Pinnacle Well-Known Member

My wife has the same problem with her Droid. The sensor is working as I can make the screen blank out by waving my hand close to the sensor. Maybe an inch or so away. So I would say the sensor is fine. I watched her take a call and it is the way she holds the phone combined with the amount of hair she has that hinders the sensors functionality.

I tried telling her it was light coming from the other side of her head through her ears that was causing the issue but she found little if no humor in that.:eek:

So there must be an app to help with this. It's a little tough to have someone change the way they have been holding a phone all of their life.

9. ggp

ggp Well-Known Member

Glad to hear the issue went away, but it's not possible that *228 had anything to do with that. The ONLY thing that does is updates settings in the phone for the VZW network to identify it, like the phone number associated with the phone, and the list of towers for the phone to use. Option 1 does both and option 2 only updates the tower list, which is all that is necessary when your phone number is already programed in.

10. tsaunders

tsaunders Well-Known Member

That reminds me I need to do that.

Nice Hex signature - :)

11. PetiePal

PetiePal Well-Known Member

Take it to a Verizon store and show them. It should blank out unless you're next to a sunlamp on your face ;P

Also a Bluetooth headset would alleviate the issue as well

12. ggp

ggp Well-Known Member

Thanks... but I hope your comment didn't blow my cover ;)

Another thought for the OP... I do remember I had a couple of times where my cheek was pressing numbers. Then I figured out that if I pulled up the keypad to press prompts, I just needed to re-hide the keypad before I started talking to a live person. But that never happens on a regular call, just when I open the keypad intentionally. Is that anything like what's happening to you?

13. xaneth

xaneth Member

Couple of problems I'm facing with this (with my face). When I try to hang up the call, it switches between the phone and black screen fast, and I can't hang up, add another caller, press buttons, etc. Sucks. Expecting my BT via UPS today, so shouldn't be a big issue, but not working as expected.

Secondly, when I try to do a *228, 1, 2, I can't do the 1, 2. It comes up to the following screen and I can't do anything but go "back", which hangs up the call:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]