Is there a way to delete a single entry in your call history?Support

Last Updated:

1. Connectz

Connectz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a way to delete a single entry in your call history without deleting the rest of your call history? I've been going through all the menus but I can't seem to find a way to delete just one number.

Also, I used to own a Palm Treo 650 (Palm OS). With it, you could literally hide single contacts by setting a contact privacy password. This setting was deep in the settings and upon finishing setting it up, you could password lock that menu as well, the title of it and all. So this way, if you hand your phone to a colleague for them to make a quick call, they can't go through your phonebook or recents to try to get your numbers.

I bring this up because a few years ago, this lady I worked with let another co-worker use her phone to make a call and the lady ended up copying a specific number from the woman's recent list without her knowledge. She took the number and harassed the person so much they had to get a restraining order on her. And it was later found out the only way she could have gotten the number is the time she let the woman use her phone.

Call me paranoid but the Treo offered that security feature and I haven't seen it since. Is there any way to do this on the EVO that I just may be missing?

Also, does anyone know of something like a "guest mode" app on the marketplace where the guest can only use what you allow them to and not have access to recents or phonebook, like, just the core function, like sms/mms, net, phone, or calc, etc.

Advertisement
  2. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

To delete one single contact history long press on that entry and at the bottom press delete from call history.

I remember seeing either an app or a function to make contacts private but can't seem to find that now.

For your last question I do believe that one could set up their phone in a manner that you describe by using multiple home launching apps.... (ie..launcher pro, sense, adw and cleardefaulthome)

It would be rather cumbersome to set this up but one could use sense as the default "guest" home, only placing widgets and shortcuts on the screen that allow them to get to what you want them to. OR one could use adwlauncher or launcher pro, reduce the number of home screens to one...and then have even more control over what is seen. It would take someone with some knowledge of the phone to really get to anything beyond what you place on the screen.

Hope this helps...I will keep looking for the private contact info...

in the meantime...stop cheating on your wife!

I KID I KID HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

3. Connectz

Connectz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

WOW, I never thought to long press lol!

Thanx lol! :)

I am Freemason and when we go to large functions someone ALWAYS wants to use my phone and I'm a private person so I don't want people snooping through my bookmarks, sms's, etc. I'm also gonna look more into how to make a guest mode. If I find something here, i'll post up.

4. lumix

lumix Active Member

Android should also add the delete single call log function when the entry is opened.

At present, there are only 3 options:

1. Call again
    2. Send text message
    3. Add to contact

Add a fourth option:
    4. Delete