Is there a way to distinguish email notifications from text?

Last Updated:

1. andDroid

andDroid Member This Topic's Starter

I don't want to be notified via sound that I get new email. But, I do want to hear it when I get a text. Right now, the only way I can figure out to avoid it is to delete my email account from my phone. Most of my email is garbage so I don't need to hear a sound everytime a spam mail comes through.

Can someone help??

Also if I wind up deleting my aol account from the phone, how do i do it?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

The information you left out was telling us what apps you're using for email and texting. Unless you say otherwise, I will assume you're using the stock apps.

In most apps that notify you with a ringtone, you can go into the app's individual settings and change the ringtone. Try going into your email app and turning OFF notifications, or changing the ringtone to "Silent".

3. CatsTide

CatsTide Well-Known Member

email and texts have separate notifications...just set email to silent or a different sound

4. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

And to do this you just hit the Menu softkey when your inside the email app, then go to settings and find the sound/notifications option and set it to silent.

5. andDroid

yeah i don't have any apps setup for email. I found the area in email account settings to silence the ringtone. Thanks!!!

6. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

you can use the sms popup app or handcent to change the led color of your sms notifications. that will help also :)

7. altimax98

altimax98 Well-Known Member

I use K-9 for email and Handcent for texts.. Handcent allows me to choose between each and every person that texts me and I get to choose notification, led color and vibrate type for each. I love it alot. Its very nice. Id recommend it

8. andDroid

thats kool how you can personalize the settings for diff. people. i'll have to check it out.