Is there a way to enlarge the text (fonts) in my messages?Support

Last Updated:

1. tracy89142

tracy89142 New Member

I would like to enlarge the size of my fonts in my text messages. I have been back to the store 3 times in the last week and the best they have done is add color behind the text and put the text in a bubble. I need larger fonts. Can anyone help me I have no experience with droid products

2. curl1

curl1 Member

Try downloading Handcent email app. Much more user friendly. Change fonts,colour, sizes, backgrounds etc. Can easily be customised for any condition.

It's very flexible.
  3. tracy89142

tracy89142 New Member

i have that download but it doesnt help with text messages. I hate to admit im just getting old but i can barely read the text message with my glasses on. LOL
  4. death2all110

death2all110 VIP Member VIP Member

Try chomp sms. Free in the market. if you go into it and press the menu button choose settings, then customize look, then conversation, choose incoming/outgoing fonts and increase size of each.
    GatorGirl06 likes this.
  5. Math-Uhhh-Saurus

Math-Uhhh-Saurus Well-Known Member

I second chomp
  6. death2all110

death2all110 VIP Member VIP Member

Hey OP have you solved your problem yet?
  7. GatorGirl06

GatorGirl06 New Member

Hi! I new at this so please bare with me, I have the droidx but my husband has the droid2. He can't see a thing without his glasses when it comes to texts. So I'm trying this on mine to show him later how to do it. Please help me out.....
    #1 it says to turn off the setting so you won't get two notifications. No clue how to do that. And now my phone says droid twice when I get a text message.:(
    #2 in your answer it says "if you go into it and press the menu button" Please tell me how to "go into it":confused:
  8. xbrad75

xbrad75 Well-Known Member

I recommend GOSMS. I've found it's the only reliable texting app on the Market. The others (Handcent, Chomp etc) all "said" they sent text messages, but I'd find out that I wasn't sending/receiving anything.

It wasn't connection errors. I just found this messaging app very beneficial and it's updating all the time.
  9. JokaLo

JokaLo Well-Known Member

Handcent SMS would be a good one to try. I use it, and text, dates, and contact names it call all be edited for bigger or easier to see fonts, as well as new backgrounds ect...and if done right could make the use perfect for sumone with trouble seeing