• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is there a way to find out if they calling you from Google number or your own number?

secrecyguy

May 14, 2011
I have a problem. It turns out that my personal cell phone number accidentally got listed as a business number because of one digit.

I been using my Google Voice number lately and it is set up so it will forward all my calls to my personal cell phone number.

So is there a way to tell if they calling me from my personal cell phone number or my Google Voice number?

Thanks! :)

You can check on the Google Voice app, it will list any incoming call that was called directly to your GV number. Hit the menu button, then labels and then 'received', they will show there.
If you want to know right away the only way I know of is to set GV to incoming calls with your GV number (online settings). If you do this though you lose caller ID, all GV calls will just show as GV, not 'real' numbers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones