Is there a way to get a google voice unread count widget?Support

Last Updated:

1. computerpro3

computerpro3 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I can't seem to find one which is pretty annoying. I keep getting google voice texts, but can't see the unread count on my home screen.

Does anyone have a widget that would allow me to do this similar to SMS unread count or something?

Advertisement
  2. russell5

russell5 Well-Known Member

i haven't seen one in my travels.

sorry

3. duskweaver

duskweaver Member

There seriously needs to be one. I've very nearly got my new HTC incredible set up just the way I like it, and the inability to get this feature is a constant thorn in my side. I need a visual reminder that I have voicemail, or I forget to check it...drats.

4. jayefef

jayefef Well-Known Member

No widget that i've seen, but google voice notifications already show up in the notification bar... You mean you're looking for a widget to display on your home screen? kinda like the htc messages icon shows a number for new messages?

5. duskweaver

duskweaver Member

Yes. I am looking for a replacement widget for the stock homescreen google voice icon with one that shows the "unread count." Something exactly like the Gmail Unread Count by Alexander Blom would be ideal. His app is just fantastic, both fully functional, and aesthetically pleasing (lots of little appearance tweaks).

Gmail Unread Count for Android | Alexander Blom

I know that it already shows in the notifications bar, but there's so much going on in there, and it's not much of a visual push to go check it. That notification status also goes away once checked, even if there are still unread/unheard messages, so it leaves a lot to be desired. For the same reasons that the unread counts apps are so popular for sms and email, a similar one for google voice would be just as handy.

I'd like to have all of my "services" at a glance on my primary homescreen, showing me what's new that I need to check. I've got it all up and running this way but gvoice. Le sigh.

6. mtollin

mtollin Well-Known Member

Been posting around for one of these too. Also want a missed call counter. Wierd not built in. First phone I've ever seen without one. Why bother with an SMS and email counter if the answer is "notification area?" They show up there too.

7. stanfna

stanfna Well-Known Member

I am interested in this as well!

8. chargersfan

chargersfan New Member

+1 for this necessary widget.

9. jayno20

jayno20 Well-Known Member

Agreed. This would be useful!

10. slumpey

slumpey Well-Known Member

missed call counter you can get thru sms unread count widget.

11. Wprater

Wprater New Member

It would be great if we could get two widgets, one for SMS and the other for Voicemail.. Or even better: a label widget to display counts.

12. rldev

rldev Well-Known Member

I have to say I would love this too.

13. ReuseablePlastix

ReuseablePlastix Active Member

So xda member MvP77 recently pulled a couple of Google Voice Widgets from the G2 Leak, inbox widget and settings widget. The inbox widget shows unread count for the whole inbox (including voice mail and text messages). I've been using them for the past week and they work great for me. They take up 3 horizontal spaces each, but it's worth it to me. For the record, I'm on the Virtuous 2.3 Froyo ROM.

Here's the link:
    New Google Voice With widget (From G2) - xda-developers

Edit: Oh, I believe that this is a complete replacement for the current GV App, so I would guess that you'd have to uninstall that and install this in its place.

14. Tobias39

Tobias39 New Member

One was just published on the market as "google voice unread count". Works perfect so far

15. Jerry1847

Jerry1847 New Member

Just downloaded the "google voice unread count" widget. Works perfectly on my droid. def recommend, you can search for "feokala" to find it in the market

16. Old Member

Old Member Well-Known Member

The unread count numbers for this widget are obnoxious. Why are they so big and RED and BLUE? Why can't the dev's of this widget SMS Unread Count - Android app on AppBrain simply add google voice to it? I'd be willing to pay for the widget (new or add on). It already does dialer, gmail, and SMS why not do voice? Grrr. :mad: