is there a way to get back to complete ota stock?

Last Updated:

1. Retrokid223

Retrokid223 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ok to be honest i am selling my x but i need to get back to 2.3.15 ota pushed out by verizon. theres an sbf but it takes you to 2.3.13, somebody help mehhh :eek:

Advertisement
  2. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

You need to give us more details. What software do you currently have loaded? Are you rooted? Deodexed? etc.

We can't build you a palace with only a pen-drawn doodle, on a napkin, as a blueprint.

3. Retrokid223

rooted deodexed 2.3.15 new kernal themed blahh.. :)

4. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

Use the currently released 2.2 SBF. It will only flash /system/. After that, I recommend just booting into recovery and wiping the cache partition and doing a factory reset. When all of that is done, you should be back to stock I think. I don't think I missed anything.

Retrokid223 likes this.
  5. Retrokid223

are you talking about the 2.3.13 sbf or is there one i missed
    :confused:

6. Paycer

Paycer Well-Known Member

I don't know for a fact if you're able to downgrade to 2.3.13 from 2.3.15, but I don't see why not unless the bootloader is completely different or something. They're both 2.2 Froyo. It's not like you're trying to downgrade to 2.1. I'm pretty sure it will work for what you need. I'm thinking you can just SBF with that, then upgrade to the OTA for 2.3.15 after.

Ask around about whether or not you can go from 2.3.15 to 2.3.13 via the partial SBF. If you can, then I'd go for it. Try xda-developers.com. Hopefully someone who knows for sure will answer that question here, though.

7. ECFfighter7232

ECFfighter7232 Well-Known Member

rootzwiki has the sbf and rsd4.8 your looking for

Home

as paycer said its a system only sbf though. so wiping the cache and factory reset would be a good idea after you do this aswell

8. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

I dont know what the deal is with that sbf being 2.3.13. I think to get completely back to a stock state that will be able to get future OTAs you would probably have to wait for a newer sbf. The 2.3.13 sbf may work and have you able to get future OTAs but we really dont know at this point.