Is there a way to hard wire this to an ethernet cable?Support

1. rcyphermd

rcyphermd Well-Known Member

Is there a way to connect the Transformer to an ethernet cable? (I prefer not to use wifi). Thanks in advance

Advertisement
    :
  2. oakley1261

oakley1261 Active Member

johnlgalt likes this.
  3. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Resurrection of old threads - that's me lol.

Has anyone confirmed this?
  4. sparksd

sparksd Well-Known Member

5. cambo1

cambo1 Well-Known Member

I use the apple USB to Ethernet adaptor and it works fine on my transformer
  6. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Unfortunately the url in your second edit did not work. I believe the corrected URL is below

Amazon.com: USB to RJ45 Ethernet Adapter made for Android Tablets; also Windows, Linux - by BobjGear: Computers & Accessories
    johnlgalt and sparksd like this.
  7. sparksd

8. johnlgalt

Thanks for the confirmation that it works. I'll check it out too.

Using my BIONIC's 4G via FoxFi works perfectly well too, and seems to get better speeds (I'm limited to 6 Mbps upstream, my 4G gives me 18-22)
  9. sparksd

Unfortunately, FoxFi doesn't work on my Sprint Galaxy S3 except via Bluetooth. The ethernet connection gave me 23Mbps (Comcast cable) while WiFi on the same network hits around 18Mbps.

Dave
  10. johnlgalt

Ahhh. I'm kinda happy that it works (currently) on my BIONIC, meaning I can always have access if I need it. But now that you've said Sprint, I can understand, I think there was another user I was helping trying to get FoxFi working and we determined that Spring and FoxFi just don't play nicely together. Or maybe it was his phone specifically, we never went much past it to understand why it would not work....
  11. sparksd

From FoxFi's web site --

"WiFi mode does NOT work on Motorola Droid 1, Motorola Triumph, Samsung Admire, LG Revolution or older HTC phones, use Bluetooth mode instead. "

"Support for the new Galaxy S3 and the new ICS update for Epic Touch are being worked on. Should be compatible soon in a future update."

"soon" has been quite a while ...
  12. johnlgalt

Good point....
  13. ghostyjack

ghostyjack Active Member

I think it is same to say that the tablet supports this as Asus sells an Asus-branded USB-to-Ethernet adapter from their shop. UK shop link below.

ASUS Shop - USB Ethernet Cable
  14. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

Sometimes you have to be careful with these things. Sometimes an OEM will make it so it needs drivers that are not available for Android on these things.

However, that dongle will (most likely) work. It says it's compatible with the TF201, which is the Prime. It does not state TF700, which is the Infinity, but the hardware is very similar. So either it does work and Asus didn't update their product page. Or it doesn't. Anyone wishing to buy this should probably call customer support and inquire about it.
    johnlgalt likes this.
  15. johnlgalt

Good idea. Since my dock was a rebranded dock from older days, perhaps that will also be rebranded so they can continue to charge premium price :p
  16. ghostyjack

ghostyjack Active Member

Well if you go to Products menus and hover, then select Tablet Accessories on the expanded menu, you can select TF700T. When you select it, the ethernet dongle is lested as an Infinity accessory.

So for my point of view, I'd say it is compatible as Asus list is as an available accessory for the tablet.

Granted, this could be a mistake, but their own online shop says it works, so I'd go with it, even with the fact the device doesn't mention it.

If it turns out that it isn't compatible after I've purchased it, I hopefully am in the right to return it as it was mis-sold.
  17. johnlgalt

Problem is is that is the UK shop. I'm in the US and cannot find a comparable link for purchasing that in the US.
  18. sparksd

Check out that one in my link from Amazon - it's cheap and has worked great on my unit.
    johnlgalt likes this.
  19. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

I use the Asus USB adapter along with a Wii usb Ethernet connector and it works perfectly.
    Speed Daemon likes this.
  20. pfs78

pfs78 Active Member