is there a way to jailbreak style the hero?

Last Updated:

1. sniper1977

sniper1977 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi i just got myself a htc hero and realy liking it, i had a iphone that i jailbroke but got bored of it and wanted a change, is there a way to jailbreak type thing with the htc hero so i can put games on it?

thanks

Advertisement
  2. shotgunfool

shotgunfool Well-Known Member

3. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

I'm going to jump to a conclusion here and assume you want to be able to install things that aren't from the market (which is what jailbreaking an iPhone allows, right?). Well on android phones you can just tick a box and you can install any software you want.

Rooting and custom ROMs that shotgunfool linked to are more extreme than a jailbreak.

4. shotgunfool

Jailbreaking isnt just about installing things that arent in the app store either, its about theming, customizing, skinning, and obvcourse apps outside the store. using cydia or ssh

5. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Ah, I didn't know that.

Still, he said he wanted to 'put games on it' so I think all he needs is to tick the unknown sources box.

6. shotgunfool

Yeah jailbreaking is like custom rom but without the custom rom part if that makes sence, you can do it without putting a new firmware onto the ipod/iphone