• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Is there a way to make custom notification sounds on the incredible?

Well, the built in music player lets you set any song file it can play as a ringtone ( including letting you clip it).notifications are a little trickier. I had to create some folders on the sd card, and dont remember where off hand, will check in a bit. Also, i would imagine when you set a cut up ringtone it creates a separate file somewhere that you could probably move to the folder on he sd card so that you can crop your own notifications without needing any extra programs or anything. I will look into this as well.( currently having serious computer issues. im typing this out while my computer runs a memory test.)

Upvote 0
OK, specifically I used the HTC media player, BTW. From there, just start playing any song/sound you want to trim and press menu->Set as Ringtone. From there you can either set it unmodified as your phones ringtone, assign it as a contacts ringtone or trim it. If you trim it, it gives you 2 sliders to move to set the start and end.

Once set, it goes into the /Ringtones/ folder in your SD card.

To drag in your own Alarms, Notifications, and Ringtones create an MP3 folder in your SD card. Then, add "alarms" "notifications" and "ringtones" as folders inside there. Now, you can fill these up with files ( and even more folders for some organization, though you won't see the folders when setting them from the phone. )

So, you can use the HTC media player to trim any playable sound and save it. Open it up from the /Ringtones/ folder and move it, or copy/paste it into any/all of the /MP3/alarms ; /MP3/notifications and /MP3/ringtones folder so you can easily select them from within the phone:)

PS: I can't take credit for any of this. Someone else posted here in the forums some time ago, I'm just reposting in my own words because I have no clue where that post was, lol.

Reactions: GrandMasterB
Upvote 0
OK, specifically I used the HTC media player, BTW. From there, just start playing any song/sound you want to trim and press menu->Set as Ringtone. From there you can either set it unmodified as your phones ringtone, assign it as a contacts ringtone or trim it. If you trim it, it gives you 2 sliders to move to set the start and end.

Once set, it goes into the /Ringtones/ folder in your SD card.

To drag in your own Alarms, Notifications, and Ringtones create an MP3 folder in your SD card. Then, add "alarms" "notifications" and "ringtones" as folders inside there. Now, you can fill these up with files ( and even more folders for some organization, though you won't see the folders when setting them from the phone. )

So, you can use the HTC media player to trim any playable sound and save it. Open it up from the /Ringtones/ folder and move it, or copy/paste it into any/all of the /MP3/alarms ; /MP3/notifications and /MP3/ringtones folder so you can easily select them from within the phone:)

PS: I can't take credit for any of this. Someone else posted here in the forums some time ago, I'm just reposting in my own words because I have no clue where that post was, lol.

Same notion but create a folder on the sdcard called "Media" and within that "Audio" and within that "Alarms", "Notifications" and "Ringtones"

Media/Audio/Alarms
Media/Audio/Notifications
Media/Audio/Ringtones

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones