• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is There A Way To Print Over WiFi?

You may need to go with a wireless print server, such as the D-Link DPU-301 that I use. My USB printer (that does not have wifi) plugs into it, and it in turn plugs into my LAN. I can then print from any PC using what is called the LPT method. The print server has an IP address, and its attached printer can be accessed that way. Not all features are supported on the printer, of course, but for basic printing tasks it works perfectly.

If you can't get the driver for your Brother printer, you may have success trying to use one of the more generic drivers for another brand of printer. When I first started using PrintBot I had to use a different driver because they did not have the one specific to my printer in their list. Experiment a bit and you might get it working.

Upvote 0
Hi guy's, I rooted my phone yesterday and noticed after switching to the new ROM I had, that I had to re-ad all the apps I had on my previous one I backed up. thing is I'm using printshare to print from my phone and it is the only app. that works for me (sorry it doesn't work for some of you). Yet I can't print from my phone on the new ROM without me buying the premium key again, is there some kind of way for me to get the premium key I paid for transferred to my sd card so I can use it with the new ROM I have? It's saved on the old one, but I don't know how to transfer it to the new one and I don't want to let the developers know my reason for wanting to do this because I don't know what there say or do about my phone being rooted. Does anyone know a way or should I just keep shopping around for a ROM I like and then buy the premium key again with the one I settle with.?

Upvote 0
Did you buy the Printershare Key from the Play Store? If so, and it is not showing up, try installing an new app (even a free one will work) from the Store and see if it doesn't make the Key show up again in your Store apps as being purchased, so you can install it. Apps from the Store, once bought, can be used on any of your Android devices, such as getting a new phone (or switching ROMs).

Upvote 0
Ok I did and was actually surprised that it worked:

* I tried to print from my phone and was told to purchase the premium key

* Continuing to buy it at the market all I had to do was Install it and was able to print from my phone again (I did not have to re-purchase it)

I never knew that if you buy a key from google play for whatever particular app. that you don't have to buy it again, that it's recorded somewhere on you're account that you've already purchased it (unless you delete the key and that affects you to buy it again, not sure). I've only been rooted for a day and am already learning so much while adding and changing things on my phone that's making it a whole lot better. Just got done adding adobe flash player that I read from the adobe website was not compatible with my phone, lol well not anymore since it's rooted. Can finally watch movies online from my phone.......please excuse me for bragging. Thank you so much for you're help, I really appreciate it.

Reactions: Zoandroid
Upvote 0
You're very welcome. Your story is the exact reason why we root. So we can actually own and USE what we are paying for. Just remember to be cautious if you eventually wander into the system files in your phone, so you don't affect something the phone needs to operate. When in doubt if something is critical, this forum is a great place to get answers before moving forward. Lots of very friendly and helpful people here.

Happy New Year to you and yours! :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones