is there a way to root 9.4.2.21?

1. fcortes626

fcortes626 Well-Known Member

i just got my transformer prime and cant seem to find a root method for build 9.4.2.21

Advertisement
    :
  2. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

The only way to root it right now is to unlock the bootloader and load a pre-rooted ROM...which voids your warranty.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk
  3. fcortes626

eh i dont want to void my warranty. i bearly got it today lol. do you know how long untill a new root meathod is found for this version?

i thought there would be a method of downgrading. when a method is found theres usually a way to do it with out unlocking the bootloader right? or is it necessary to unlock it?
  4. bikbok

bikbok Well-Known Member

In order to get a new root method, "they" need to find another exploit. The exploit that was used before .21 was patched by Asus.

If you want root NOW, you need to unlock bootloader and load a rooted custom ROM.

If you get your hands on a brand new TF201, then maybe it isn't updated to .21 yet, and you can ignore the update message, root and install ota rootkeeper. Then it should be ok to update. I have read that people have kept their root this way.
  5. aawshads

aawshads Active Member

There is a lot of talk that the devs won't work too hard on trying to find another way to root when the unlocking tool is available. several of them have said they are not even looking, just putting there efforts into now roms and kernals.
  6. fcortes626

yea i heard. the only one i think is actually looking is sparky.
  7. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

fcortes626 likes this.
  8. redheadedguy

redheadedguy Well-Known Member

Found this on another site last night. Was gonna do it Saturday, but noticed I'm running 4.0.3 now. Wondering if this will still work. Seems like it would since your downgrading to an exploitable version. Unless .3 is locked in.
  9. fcortes626

10. HockeyZ39

HockeyZ39 Member

Did it work for you?
  11. redheadedguy

redheadedguy Well-Known Member

12. HockeyZ39

HockeyZ39 Member

I ended up doing the one click method that included the wolfs downgrade.

Worked beautifully.
  13. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

Worked like a charm. Big thanks to devs for the tools. I would really like to unlock the bootloader without permanently voiding the warranty, but that isn't going to happen. Once the warranty expires though, it's fair game.
  14. Snake X

Snake X Well-Known Member

15. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

Rooting with an unlocked bootloader has never been an issue.
  16. Snake X

If you look at it that way, I guess your right. Locked bootloaders are really dumb imo
  17. Snake X