Is there a way to transfer EVERYTHING from a Galaxy S3 to the Galaxy Note 2?General

1. virodeath

virodeath Well-Known Member

I should be receiving my Note 2 tomorrow and I was wondering if there is any way to transfer every thing over to the Note 2 from my S3.

I have several android based tablets for my family to use and thus I have a TON of apps that appear in my app list on the store so every time I upgrade I have to go thru this huge list looking for the apps I use (15-20) then have to manually install and agree to all that BS. I know the Samsung phones have the transfer ability between their phones but didn't know if that would help my situation since it is not just pictures I am wanting to move.

I was just looking for a more efficient method of moving things from one phone to the other.

Thanks in advance,

Viro

Advertisement
    :
  2. IamReady

IamReady Well-Known Member

I've yet to find anything...but that doesn't mean there is not a way. I'm interested to hear other options as well.
  3. h1r0ll3r

h1r0ll3r Well-Known Member

I think Kies will transfer most, if not all, of your media from one phone to another. I hate Kies but I've not found a simple, all-in-one, solution for this. I came from an iPhone to Note 2 so I had to use 2-3 different programs to transfer everything over. I would imagine Samsung would have something less PITA to do this. My guess is they'll probably tell you to use Kies.
  4. rcyphermd

rcyphermd Well-Known Member

I use my backup pro. Works great!
  5. virodeath

Backup pro doesn't require root?

I really don't want to root this, I use Square allot.

Viro
  6. rcyphermd

rcyphermd Well-Known Member

No root is NOT required. Love this app and the developer is good about responding.
  7. bonerp

bonerp Well-Known Member

wish they'd let you move apps to SD so much easier.
  8. virodeath

Oddly and i am not sure how this works, when I moved my SIM into the Note 2 it went through the registration process then downloaded exactly what was on my S3 with no promoting from me. I was amazed and very happy it was so easy.

However I have the S3 to my wife and transferring her apps from the Stratosphere.... not so easy. ;)

Viro
  9. ShaeDreams

ShaeDreams New Member

So if I wanted to sell my S3 do I just swap the SIM card from the note2 I just bought in order to keep all of my stuff?
  10. NeoGrandizer

NeoGrandizer Well-Known Member

SIM doesn't have anything to do with it.

It's linked to your Google account and/or Samsung Account (if you use that). So whatever you synced with Google/Samsung will transfer/restore to the new device.

Just make sure you wipe the device before selling it. ;)
  11. ceva321

ceva321 Well-Known Member

Wipe the device where? ? Butt??