is there a way to uninstall NEXT ISSUE?

Last Updated:

1. dr4sight

dr4sight Well-Known Member

I've had my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 tablet for two months now. The other day I did the software update that installed android version 4.0.4.
    Since then I keep getting annoying reminders to update the Next Issue app. First of all, I don't recall downloading and installing it.
    It does not show up when I review my apps on my App2SD apps.
    It does show up when I hit the app drawer. But when I press on it there it jiggles as do the apps that are built in.
    I am not rooted but wonder if there's a way to either uninstall this pain in the butt app or at least to not be badgered about updating an app that I have no intention of using.

Would appreciate some help with this.

Advertisement
  2. saptech

saptech Well-Known Member

It probably was installed by Samsung, so more than likely, you can't uninstall it unless you are rooted. I would just go ahead and update it so it will stop bugging you.

Someone else may know a better solution. I'm at work so I can't check it out.
  3. chopstks

chopstks New Member

I have the same issue with NEXT ISSUE. I owned a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 for 6 months now never rooted but was updated to the most recent Android version (jelly bean). The Next Issue update reminder keeps popping up recently. I can't find the App under the Application Manager so there is no way to remove it. Finally, what I did was to Uncheck the Security Block for third party App and update the App. Then it shows up on the Application Manager. I went to the Application Manager, uncheck the Push Notification. The pop-up reminder was gone but the App cannot be removed or can only be removed to the factory version.

I went back and Checked the Security Block for third party App.
    smurph1 likes this.
  4. smurph1

smurph1 Well-Known Member

Having same issue on new tablet....whats the worst by sasmung is they put it on, and it says its not an official app., so it can't update, and stays in notification area....UNACCEPTABLE by manufacturer.
    Will try chopstks fix.....
  5. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

Update it via the Samsung app store. Or go into settings and disable notifications
  6. viben

viben New Member

"Next Issue" is the most annoying app I have ever experienced!!! I keep getting these lame notifications several times per day. Finally, I caved and decided to update the app just to get rid of the annoyance - only to get a message that I am prohibited from updating and using the app because I am located in Canada! But the harssing notifications keep coming. I also tried hiding the app, but the harassment continues. Someone at Samsung or wherever need to fix this issue soon!

If you know an easy way to kill that app, please, please help...
  7. smurph1

I did as per chopstks: go to the App. Manager, uncheck the show or push Notifications.
  8. viben

viben New Member

Unfortunately the App Manager does not show the Next Issue app, nor many other preinstalled apps, and hence, does not give me any option to uncheck anything.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 with Android version 4.1.1.
  9. smurph1

All versions of Android (from 2.2-4.1.1) that I have seen show ALL apps, but there are options to show downloaded, on phone, running & all, make sure you select the letter.
    I don't have the Tab, which I did this on and is the spec as yours, but checked on my HTC phone with 4.1.1.
  10. sleeco

sleeco Well-Known Member

Download the clean master app from play store, I find it removes apps that will not delete as normal.