Is there a way to use Google Nav upside down?Support

Last Updated:

1. yhbae

yhbae Active Member This Topic's Starter

Never really thought about doing this with N1 before but with Galaxy S having microUSB at the top of the phone, this might actually be a good idea! :D

I just tried rotating the phone 90 and 270 degree and worked ok. But if I flip it 180, the Navigation app stays exactly where it is. Is there a way to "enable" this?

Unfortunately, my auto charger is barely long enough to connect the phone with the connector at the top of the phone and my charger has a loooong cable!

Advertisement
  2. Mark_H

Mark_H Well-Known Member

LOL - I had exactly the same thought when I started trying to the SGS as a SatNav in my car!

I can't imagine there is, but would love to be proved wrong.

3. zba78

zba78 Member

Not sure about using the phone upside down but the way I got around the cable length problem was by buying a 2m micro usb port (like this for example) and a car charger to USB adapter (like this one)

4. yhbae

yhbae Active Member This Topic's Starter

Ack, I was hoping for a more graceful solution. :)

Smartphones must be smarter than this!

5. Davian

Davian Member

[​IMG]

I bought a charger like zba78 did, made sure it had the 'fast charge' (higher amperage) port, and a separate micro USB cable with a 90 deg connector on it.

This mount does not rotate, so I will have to modify it or change it since I would like to have the phone horizontal, for the larger keyboard format. Then the cable will drop straight down.