Is there a way where callers wont hear you getting text messages and emails?General

1. sincarafan

sincarafan Well-Known Member

Everytime I am on the phone with someone and I receive a text message or an email they can hear the tone go or sound effect I have on their end. Is there a setting so this won't happen or is this just the way it is? Are they just hearing the tone through the mic?

Advertisement
  2. itsallgood

itsallgood Well-Known Member

Try going into Settings> my device> call> call alerts> alerts on call and uncheck. Let us know if this works. (I've never tried it, nor knew it even existed.)
    APBTx2 and sincarafan like this.
  3. LaTuFu

LaTuFu Well-Known Member Contributor

Or maybe try turning down the system volume or vibration off for notifications.

I have notifications active on mine, without vibrate. I've never had a caller notice the alerts on a call. Possibly the vibration is what is "heard" by the microphone. I can't imagine the mic is that sensitive that it will pick up an alert from the earpiece on the opposite end of the phone. Guess I could be wrong though...
  4. sincarafan

sincarafan Well-Known Member

I'm not using vibration. What they hear is the sound I have set as a text alert or email alert. Turning the volume down doesnt help. I think what itsallgood said is the fix.
  5. APBTx2

APBTx2 Active Member

Thanks!
    I hope this works!
    I've got a group of friends, and when the group texts get going, I cannot carry a conversation on the phone.