1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Is there an Andriod Chat Room?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. Testarossa28

Testarossa28 New Member This Topic's Starter

I have been searching for this for most of my day. I am looking for a chat service that is basically phone to phone. Kind of like AOL chat rooms full of people but it would only be full of other Android users on their phones. I have found things like Meebo and Nimbuzz but these seem to just take all other forms of IM like Yahoo Instant messanger and AIM and Twitter and combine them for you. I am just looking for a way to chat with other people/meet new people on my phone. Does an app like this exist?

Advertisement
  2. cvam1985

cvam1985 Well-Known Member

If you watch cable TV late at night there's plenty of advertisements of ways to "meet new people" on your phone.

Hehe, sorry ;)

3. Testarossa28

Lmao...well it helps pass the time at work...and those late night ads make me feel like they are paid to like me....:(
    lol

4. cvam1985

cvam1985 Well-Known Member

I know it's totally OT but the most fun for me to pass time on the night shift is Yahoo Pool - meet and chat with all kinds of people while playing.

As for chat rooms on the phone, I do believe there is an IRC client in the market - it's been years since my mIRC days, I don't know if people still use it or not.

5. Testarossa28

Thanks for the input....and the poker app is good for chatting and passing time as well...

6. malcom2073

malcom2073 Well-Known Member

c'mon, get irc.

irc.freenode.net #androidforums

7. Testarossa28

what do you mean get irc? is that what I should be looking for? because I went to the link you put and it doesn't seem to be what I am looking for

8. jollyrotten

jollyrotten Member

This is relevant to my interests.

sorry but can someone explain what IRC is and how it works? usenets? Is this a big part of the internet I've been missing out on?

9. UrsusVIIILXXXVII

UrsusVIIILXXXVII Well-Known Member

IRC (Internet Relay Chat) is a very old but useful way to make or join chats for specific topics. IRC was the precursor to chatrooms. mIRC is just a client to use IRC.

10. PC Jona

PC Jona Well-Known Member

11. kakalolo2011

kakalolo2011 New Member

Peace be upon you and Allah's mercy and blessings

nimbuzz for android with chat room

hi im khaled from sudan ....

I have read your problem and the solution I have found I have a copy of the program Nimbuzz particular Nokia devices, but was programmed to run on Android in the beginning you will find two files after download install Nimbuzz proved at first and then install the other file a file that looks like Java to run it Thanks

Because I am a new status does not allow me to link or picture enter Site 4 shared and Type Nimbozz soon Android Chat Rom only

12. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

In many cases, you can try AppBrain.com, getjar.com, the developer's website, and trying emailing the developer. All safe alternatives to the gray market of backdoor trading. :) ;)

By the way, I hear that the #androidforums channel is moderated, so, not a good idea to share apps there. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.