• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Is there an Android Magazine?

I found this magazine in the Barnes and Nobles book store. It has a hefty price tag on it ($19.99) but part of that is because it is shipped from London. It's pretty thick too. Although it's not packed with mind blowing information for somebody like me that has had Android phones for over a year I am still getting something out of it. My biggest point that I want to make is.......FINALLY!!!! There is finally a magazine that is dedicated to the Android O.S. sitting right beside 10 Iphone mags. I just hope that they keep publishing this thing. It's chock full of info for noobie Android fans.

Upvote 0
Tech magazines don't really publish current tech so much as they do future and beta releases. There can also be nice reviews of apps currently on the market or soon to come. I personally don't really read a magazine to be updated with the news, but rather just to broaden my knowledge about the subject. I see no reason why a magazine like this couldn't be successful.

Upvote 0
I wouldn't mind seeing a magazine, although $20 is pretty steep. The difference between a magazine and the internet is that some thoughtful editing and focus can go into a magazine, whereas Phandroid can be like drinking from a firehose. There is definitely a role for each medium. And while mainline newspapers are taking a beating, successful niche periodicals are actually making money.
There is also the marketing issue: An undecided person, browsing near a magazine rack, may see an Android and an IOS magazine and pick up both to aid in their decision. Right now, there are only IOS magazines on the rack, giving the browser a lopsided and inaccurate view of what is going on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones